Handle outbound and inbound calls for a portfolio of delinquent account holders within the BCU share, loan, credit card, and/or real estate portfolios ensuring adequate collection efforts are performed to reduce delinquency and mitigate losses while maintaining excellent member service. Duties include analysis of member credit profiles, referral of accounts for repossession, contact members with outbound calls and handle inbound calls, negotiate and arrange for payment on loan, credit card and share accounts. Perform proper collection activity including skip tracing, collateral and credit analysis as required to resolve complex delinquency issues. Assist Collections Management in achieving agreed upon delinquency and charge-off goals for assigned queues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform agreed upon quantity and quality of collection activity on assigned accounts. This includes working with members in addition to repossession agents, insurance companies and attorneys in order to resolve delinquency issues.
- Must perform thorough account follow up and ensure proper actions, documentation and analysis are being taken to resolve delinquent accounts
- Process all incoming and outgoing requests for paper and electronic documents related to collection operations.
- Assist management in decision making for; repossessions and other legal requests
- Assist the Department in handling inbound calls or other member issues outside of assigned account workload.
- Adheres to procedures outlined in the Collections Policy, state and federal regulations, and procedural documents.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of and proficiency with the Internet, Microsoft Windows and Office
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong organization skills, clerical skills and attention to detail
- Must be self-directed and motivated to complete repetitive tasks
- Sensitivity to confidential information is required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $37,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Work Location: One location