Transmission & Distribution EIT/Coordinator - (155741)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR Engineering is looking for a Transmission & Distribution Line EIT to join our growing and nationally ranked team of Power Delivery professionals in our Denver, CO office.
The primary duties of Transmission & Distribution Line EIT I position, for recent graduates or new hires with little to no previous power delivery experience, are to perform engineering tasks with varying levels of complexity, which are assigned by a Project Engineer or Project Manager. The EIT I may work independently on small tasks and may assist senior engineers on larger, more complex projects.
Tasks may include:
- Conducting analyses to develop design options
- Performing modeling and/or calculations
- Assisting with preparing cost estimates or specifications
- Perform routine engineering and design tasks
- Participate in field reviews, surveying, and/or construction observation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering required.
- 0+ years of transmission and/or distribution line design experience.
- EIT certification strongly preferred. Candidates hired without their EIT will have the title of "Coordinator" and will be expected to obtain their EIT for career progression.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Ability to perform field work in inclement weather and strenuous terrain.
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative.
- Some travel may be required.
- 1-2 years of experience working with electric utility type drawings and standards,
- PLS-CADD design experience,
- General surveying experience,
- Local candidates are preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Sep 17, 2019