The Cheese Department Manager works closely with team to ensure smooth operation of the department. The Manager will deal with personnel issues and with supervision of team while maintaining a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly and efficient Customer Service. Supports the Team Leader and Regional Coordinator by maintaining regional standards.
1. Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner. Follow all Whole Foods Market (WFM) guidelines for meeting customer needs.
2. Work a variety of shifts.
3. Assist with all schedule requests and scheduling for the department.
4. Assist with all payroll-processing duties.
5. Meet and communicate with Team Leader and Store Leadership on a regular basis and communicate all department issues in a timely and effective manner.
6. Assist with training new members in the department on expectations, safety and sanitation and ensures compliance by all within the department.
7. Ensure that proper Good Organics training and compliance are maintained in the department.
8. Assist with all hiring, corrective actions, terminations and job dialogues.
9. Understand and help meet all labor and margin targets.
10. Understand and participate in monthly inventory or as needed.
11. Maximize sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating and stocking product, merchandising and end caps.
12. Capable of performing all Team Leader duties in their absence.
13. Ability to perform opening and closing procedures and assist in setting clear expectations for team members during scheduled shifts.
14. Ensure all sanitation requirements are consistently met and assist with monthly cleaning schedules and cleaning.
15. Read and stay informed daily on communication from regional or store leadership.
16. Use courteous and proper etiquette when answering the phones and pages.
17. Motivate team and lead by example.
18. Respond to customer and team member needs and concerns.
19. Delegate tasks based on the needs of the department and direction given by the Team Leader.
20. Maintain good relationships with all vendors, develop new vendor relations, and ensure all paperwork is properly submitted for vendor processing.
21. Attend all team, store and other meetings as assigned by Team or Store Leadership.
22. Comply with all Customer Service Retail Standards.
23. Understand and assist with department financials, including monthly inventory, credit processing, buying, and spoilage logging.
24. Make sure sweep, sanitation and temp logs are completed.
25. Daily proper labeling of products.
26. Request and place signage to ensure quality and accuracy within the department.
27. Ability to perform all the duties and responsibilities of a Specialty Supervisor.
28. Perform other tasks as assigned by Team or Store Leadership.
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.