NBCRNA Mission: NBCRNA promotes patient safety through credentialing programs that support lifelong learning.
NBCRNA Vision: NBCRNA is recognized as the leader in advanced practice nurse credentialing.
Nature and Scope of the NBCRNA: The National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA) is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to promoting patient safety by enhancing provider quality in the field of nurse anesthesia. We accomplish our mission through the development and implementation of credentialing programs that support lifelong learning among nurse anesthetists.
Each year well over 2,400 individuals pass the NBCRNA’s National Certification Examination and are able to enter into specialty nurse anesthesia practice. In addition, over 50,000 nurse anesthetists in the United States and its territories participate in Continued Professional Certification (CPC) program.
The Data Systems Associate reports directly to the IT Director and is responsible for supporting the collection, evaluation, and reporting of data for NBCRNA departmental needs and across the organization. The Data Systems Associate will access multiple data sources, and use multiple BI tools to provide reporting and insights on NBCRNA data and to introduce process improvements throughout the reporting process. The role works closely with IT team to support strategic goals and data strategy initiatives, and to measure, calibrate, and optimize existing processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned:
- Understand NBCRNA’s Data Ecosystems including the data needed by each business unit to conduct day-to-day business.
- Learn the data architecture of Certelligence and how it impacts successful reporting and data extraction.
- Design, build, update and maintain reports in APEX, Business Objects, Tableau and other NBCRNA BI tools.
- Modify, Edit and improve existing reports in APEX, Business Objects and other BI Reporting tools.
- Review existing data and reporting processes and procedures and identify opportunities for standardization, efficiencies, automation and production of reports to ensure strong, accurate and consistent data.
- Provide data support, data requests/reports, insights and analysis across NBCRNA departments.
- Monitor the data integrity for key data integration partnerships, gather requirements and build out monitoring reports. Escalate issues and failures up the chain of command. Investigate the identified issues and failures to identify the root cause, recommend next steps/solutions for a quick resolution.
- Build queries/reports that identify internal data integrity issues such as duplicate records, inconsistent values, missing data. Investigate root cause of issues and recommends solutions for data entry/processing approaches to resolve issue and communicates that to the staff.
- Perform UAT Tasks including documentation for tests performed, results of tests, results expected, and next steps/root causes for system upgrades, data integration enhancements, and other data projects.
- Develop and maintain documentation of all reports including location and usage, and data requests(internal/external).
- Serve as primary liaison to NBCRNA staff for questions about reporting from using reports, to new report creation, understanding the data in reports, and documenting data issues.
- Create and maintain documents and diagrams for all data related business processes used at the NBCRNA; update as data systems evolve.
- Other responsibilities, projects and tasks as assigned
- Excellent analytical and technical skills, in addition to a keen ability to determine specifications and standards for business reporting and maintaining data integrity.
- 2-3 years SQL Experience
- Experience with Apex, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlikview or similar BI visualization tools
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365.
- Knowledge of data analysis tools - advanced skills in Excel and the use of at least one relational database
- Strong analytical, computational and organizational skills with consistent attention to detail, and strong customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills to translate data into insights, and requirements into reports.
- Bachelor’s or relevant working experience
- 2-4 years report writing and data analysis experience
- Certifications in SQL and/or Application Express (APEX) preferred.
- Familiarity with complex customer management or association management systems preferred.
- Experience using Association Anywhere or Certelligence (ACGI Software) is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- data analysis: 2 years (Preferred)