8 Reasons why the average tenure is 10+ years for our Network Infrastructure Services (NIS) team:
- Pursue your dreams - How many employers truly ask you where you see yourself in 5 years and then help you pursue your dreams?
- Flexibility & Autonomy – Initially you’ll spend more time in our office training however our team has a great deal of flexibility to tailor the right combination of remote, office and on-site time to get the job done and accommodate personal scheduling needs.
- More Growth/Never Boring – You won’t be stuck working on a single platform or industry and instead will work on challenging projects in a variety of environments implementing cutting-edge solutions.
- “CIO to go” model - We have a unique model of “CIO to go” that makes this role much more dynamic, strategic and energizing than most you’ll find. You will gain an in-depth understanding of business functions so that you can become a truly well-rounded, professional consultant.
- We Guard Quality of Life – Occasionally you’ll schedule yourself to help a client after hours and we reciprocate by returning the favor when you need the same courtesy with flex and comp. time.
- Team – Catered lunches for celebrations throughout the year and an awesome team of Project Managers and Network Engineers to work with that make the day a blast with a “no man left behind” attitude!
- Stable Long-Term Clients/Fewer Emergencies – We retain clients much like we do team members with many of our client tenures exceeding 15 years. This creates a more stable environment for everyone and the way we manage workflow leads to very few “panicked” calls/emails and late hours.
- Benefits Package – Profit-Sharing, Flex-Time, Great PTO/Vacation/Paid Holiday package, 100% paid Health/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability and Technology package including Smartphone and Laptop.
Requirements you need to be qualified to join our NE Team as Network Engineer
- Previous experience in strategic technology consulting required
- Expertise in VMWare, Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows 7, 8.x, 10 required
- Competent abilities in Firewalls, Switches, cloud technologies and required
- Solid experience in troubleshooting technology required
- Strong knowledge of remote access technologies such as IPSEC, SSL-VPN, RDP/Terminal Server
- Sound knowledge and expertise highly preferred in security strategy, compliance requirements, solutions and practice
- Must provide reliable transportation and be able to travel throughout Middle Tennessee
Preferences we can help you gain if you don’t already possess…
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- Prefer Security Certification and/or Microsoft Network Certification, 2012, 2008 or 2003 or equivalent work experience
- Prefer Experience architecting and implementing messaging solutions (Exchange/Office365/GoogleMail)
- Experience implementing Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity solutions desired
- Linux Administration skills
- SQL System Administration skills
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- Managed Services (remote services/automated and remote maintenance) experience preferred
- Linux Administration skills is a plus
Daily components for our b: ok Network Engineer
Each day is different but usually involves these components:
- Planning/Strategy/Proactive Engineering on behalf of our customer base. This includes liaisons with other third-party vendors (such as cabling, internet service providers, phone vendors, etc.).
- Providing Help Desk Support and customer support for immediate needs.
- Network and System Patching & Maintenance.
- Learning about emerging technology, applying that knowledge in a consultative manner for both the internal team and our client base.
Here’s a Sample Schedule:
- 8:00 – 10:00 AM: Reviews upcoming need for firewall implementation complete with point to point tunnels, VLANs, content filtering and other security services. Creates task list and estimates time needed to complete task, works with Project Manager to put together project plan for customer. [from bok offices]
- 10:30-12:00 PM: Customer meeting with project manager to compare security strategies existing in their environment to best practice so that we make recommendations for security hardening using technology, processes and procedures in consideration of their company “culture.”
- 1:00-2:00 PM: Vendor call with internal project manager for vetting a cloud technology (such as AWS) to use in another customer. Provides next steps for project managers/project team. [from bok offices]
- 2:15-3:45 PM: Review’s escalated help desk ticket involving ongoing Exchange “gremlins” with connectivity and calendaring issues [at client’s site]
- 4:00-5:00 PM: Setup wireless access points for on-site customer, testing and documentation for team support. [on-site with customer]
Job Type: Full-time
- Network Engineer: 5 years (Preferred)
- strategic technology consulting: 3 years (Preferred)