This position assists with the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department and provides administrative support for all HR programs and services (e.g., recruiting, onboarding, performance management, training, separations and benefits administration). Maintains benefit record requirements and provides benefits information and assistance to all college employees. In addition, this position is the primary user of HR-related technology and serves as primary HR contact when recruiting for positions below Director-level.
Essential Duties Summary
- Support day-to-day operations of the HR office including but not limited to: answering phones, maintaining employee files with proper documentation, opening/sorting mail, preparing reports (e.g., annual reviews), process purchase orders/invoices, monitor weekly budget reports, answer questions regarding specific expenses or purchases, update Org chart, maintain current job descriptions;
- Provide administrative support, as needed, to all HR programs/processes (e.g., recruiting, onboarding, performance management, separations);
- Take charge of and arrange logistics for HR events (e.g., training, employee meetings, winter holiday party, service awards, retirement, supervisor exchanges);
- Serve as primary HR contact when recruiting for positions below Director-level (e.g., participate in campus interview);
- Serve as key user of HR-related systems and software (e.g., BDM, Heartland, PeopleAdmin, OrgPlus): enter and maintain data, generate and analyze reports, train and assist other users, etc.
- Draft HR publications, as assigned by HR Director (e.g., ConNECt HR, HR notices);
- Verification of all benefit invoices from vendors assuring accuracy for both employee deductions, terminations, adds, etc. Updating of Excel spreadsheets monthly;
- Coordinate enrollment, cancellation and COBRA notification with benefit vendors and third-party administrators;
- Process all claims for FMLA, workers’ compensation, long-term disability and life insurance, coordinate all leave of absence paperwork. Provide updates to the insurance carrier and management as necessary and ensure that all required paperwork is in place before claims are closed;
- Completes employment-related forms, such as Department of Employment Security forms and wage verifications. Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations;
- Annually assists with gathering salary survey information for benchmarking purposes and preparing various reports including IPEDS, NEASC and other labor related reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-6 years’ progressive HR experience (including recruiting)
- Knowledge of employee benefits administration
- Working knowledge of general HR programs
- Resilient with a high level of personal integrity and energy
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, meet strict deadlines, and achieve defined goals
- Sensitivity and discretion with regard to confidential information
- Action-oriented work ethic; ability to anticipate needs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiar with HRIS/ HRMS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- PHR certification
- Higher education experience
New England College prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed or religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, veteran’s status or disability in regard to treatment, access to or employment in its programs and activities, in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), individuals with disabilities needing accommodation should contact the ADA Compliance Officer.
New England College is committed to providing equal opportunity in all conditions of employment and creating a welcoming and supportive environment that celebrates diversity. If an imbalance is found to exist, the College will make good faith efforts to recruit, hire and promote persons underrepresented in the workplace.