Our company operates in full compliance with the State of Arizona MMJ laws.
Experience in the cannabis industry is a plus but not required.
If you consume, just know you cannot consume at work. None of your co-workers should either.
You will receive an employee discount at a local dispensary if you have a patient card.
No cigarette smokers.
Must have dependable vehicle.
You will have to have a CPA that has worked with you before attest to your bookkeeping skills/knowledge
We hope we have caught your eye if so….Here’s your 1st Task:
Send us your resume and state the following please:
A. Your current cross roads where you live.
B. What the estimated time you feel it will take to drive to us M-F at 31st Ave and Thomas in Phoenix.
C. Please confirm you will have a CPA reference that can attest to your accounting skills.
D. Your office will be an office located at our Cultivation Facility. If you don’t like the smell of cannabis then you probably should not apply .
We need a Full Charge Bookkeeper – please know what that term means.
If we like your resume we will do a phone interview then bring you into our Mesa satellite office to test your ability to navigate Quick Books, Excel, Word and Outlook.
Hours are M-F 7:30 AM to 4:30PM. 1-hour lunch breaks required. We want you refreshed so no working through lunch.
Compensation is $25 an hour. Depending on your resume, references, congeniality, and testing, that amount can be adjusted. Depending on performance on our job, that amount can be adjusted again.
There is a data entry position that is subordinate to this position.
· Previous and sustained experience in accounting
· Proficiency in Quickbooks. If you can only due pencil ledgers or excel, don’t inquire.
· Fundamental knowledge of GAAP and accounting theory.
· Ability to plan and manage your work on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis using tools such as Outlook Calendar, Tasks etc.
· Must be able to pass background check including finger printing.
· Must be comfortable handling cash.
· Bachelors degree preferred but not required.
· Extensive knowledge in Microsoft Office Applications.
· Familiarity working with cloud-based software.
· Team player who can follow instruction and improvise when required. No Prima Donnas.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to think outside the box.
· Detail and Deadline oriented.
· Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
· Ability to multitask
· Ability to work under pressure
· Oversee A/R, A/P & all areas of accounting, Payroll & Human Resources, Administrative Management. Prepare financial statements, monthly, quarterly & yearly.
· Reconciliation of bank accounts & credit card statements.
· M-F collect daily dispensary’s cash and product reconciliation reports.
· Handle payroll & Time Tracking
· Provide our 2 owners/directors bi weekly cash flow projections.
· 5 working days after month’s end, we want you to close out books for the previous month and provide owners/directors P&L’s and balance sheets into a dropbox of previous month activities.
· Manage Local State & Federal tax filings & payments. TPT, Payroll, 1120C. Previous employer or a CPA must confirm you have done these.
· Prepare Yearly Budgets.
· Help us perform inventory reconciliations with appropriate check and balances observed.
· Obtain weekly adjustment reports from inventory managers and present those to owner/directors
· Track and calculate commissions owed to sales positions for bi-weekly payrolls.
· Prepare 1099s & W-2s
· Human resources - Hiring, & terminations
· Account analysis of all G/L accounts.
· Cost analysis when requested on company projects.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 per hour
- bookkeeping: 3 years (Preferred)
- accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- quickbooks: 3 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative