If you want to work for a growing system of community health centers which is committed to providing quality care for its patients and to the growth and development of its team members, then The Children’s Clinic, "Serving Children and Their Families" has a great employment opportunity for you.
The Recruiter is responsible for full-cycle recruitment of talented candidates for a broad spectrum of administrative and clinical roles that range from higher volume entry-level and mid-level roles as well as management/director level roles. The Recruiter will work closely with Hiring Managers to provide strategic talent acquisition support and fill critical roles expeditiously. Including sourcing and screening candidates, acting as a consultant to Hiring Managers throughout the hiring process; providing detailed assessments on candidates and recommending offer amounts using offer tools and processes.
The Recruiter manages the presentation, selection, offer, negotiation, closing and administrative components involved in making a hire. The Recruiter is also accountable for managing interactions with candidates in accordance with employment law and in a manner that fosters transparency, simplicity and respect.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Interview and evaluate candidates utilizing consistent templates and processes, including phone and digital interviews; leveraging traditional and behavior based interview assessment techniques.
- Ensuring possible candidate meets role requirements, hiring requirements, and are a cultural fit.
- Present candidates to management and provide a synopsis of each candidate along with personal observations in which to base a selection.
- Arrange interviews with hiring managers.
- Assist Hiring Manager in evaluating candidates, offer negotiation, and overall process troubleshooting – including review and consultation of internal salary reference points, market compensation tables, and market intelligence in order to recommend offer package components.
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the HRIS.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
- Collaborate with Hiring Managers to build overall understanding of position requirements, department goals, and organization business plan; Debrief hiring manager and candidates throughout recruitment process.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Develop action plans for aging requisitions and keep management informed of progress against action plans in a timely manner.
- Actively champion diversity recruitment strategies.
- Consistently coaches others in utilizing processes.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Move candidates through steps and statuses per candidate.
- Work with HR Assistant to initiate offer processing.
- Resolve routine concerns and / or escalates to appropriate area for more complex recruitment concerns.
- Research and build knowledge of the competitive landscape in order to anticipate and overcome potential obstacles.
- Escalate sourcing challenges to your manager as appropriate.
- Offer sourcing suggestions to management and be proactive about communicating new sourcing strategies that are successful.
- Collaborate with sourcing manager to capitalize on short and long term marketing campaigns
- Source candidates using various channels such as networking, online job boards, social media, attending networking events and career fairs, headhunting, and referrals.
- Manages application/resume file and retention.
- Maintain a professional work environment in alignment with current client culture.
- Develop working relationships with colleges to aid in recruiting.
- Ability to travel for recruitment meetings, college visits, and career fairs.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Administrative Duties and Record keeping; Other duties as required.
SKILLS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrates and applies knowledge of recruitment related employment laws which includes underutilization criteria, moving candidates through proper steps depending on whether the candidate does or does not meet BAQ’s, and providing gender and ethnicity information in accordance with regulations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop internal client specific relationships, business acumen and understanding of culture through onsite visits and meeting participation
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete multiple tasks at the same time. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to appropriately assess candidates and match their skills/abilities to the position requirements.
- Ability to effectively screen and interview all levels of candidates from entry-level to experienced managers.
- Knowledge of candidate sourcing vehicles and direct sourcing techniques.
- Demonstrates diversity awareness and utilizes sourcing techniques that reach diverse population.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit for a broad / deep range of positions.
- Possesses a keen eye for talent.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Outstanding organizational skills and demonstrated ability to focus on detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, applicant tracking systems and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource resources preferred or minimum of (3) years of human resources end-to-end recruiting experience.
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System.
- Clinical/healthcare recruitment experience or background preferred.
- PHR, SPHR, CPC certifications a plus.
The physical demands of this position are those necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Indoor office setting. Space is limited, air conditioned environment. Occasionally required to be outdoors for travel, and can be exposed to variable weather conditions. Occasional inter-clinic travel. Very limited exposure to noise, moisture, noxious odors and gases. Very limited exposure to dust, dirt, cold, biological and chemical agents.
GENEROUS COMPANY BENEFITS:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401k with Employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- United PetCare Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - 22.9 days per year
The Children’s Clinic is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Job Type: Full-time
- Healthcare: 1 year (Required)
- Clinical: 1 year (Required)
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)
- Recruiting: 2 years (Required)
- Non-profit: 1 year (Required)