Barghausen Consulting Engineers, Inc. hasa 37-year history of professional excellence in residential, industrial, and commercialsite development. Our commitment toproviding quality service to new and long-standing clients remains a core valueof our business, and we are excited to add a new team that focuses on the acquisitionand completion of public work. We areseeking an experienced engineer with a proven record of business development,team building, and project management. The ideal candidate will independently build a book of business, andwork with our outstanding Marketing and Human Resources Departments to build ateam focused on public work. The personentering this position will immediately step into a management position andwork with ownership to shape our new service offering.
Responsibilitiesand Job Duties:
- Build and maintain existingrelationships with public agencies, architectural firms, and other partners to targetwork that aligns with our company's objectives.
- Collaborate with our ownership andmarketing team to develop budgets and a strategic marketing plan to targetpublic work.
- Prepare proposals, respond to RFPsand SOQs, and negotiate contracts and schedules.
- Manage the technical design,schedule, budget, and all project deliverables from conceptual design to finaldesign through project completion.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring,training, and development of engineering team.
- Maintain a presence and seekleadership roles in professional societies.
- Act as the main point of contractin the day-to-day interaction with the client's designated representative,jurisdictional agency personnel, in addition to coordination of all internalactivities performed by the engineering staff.
- Work with your assigned ProjectAccountant to proactively invoice monthly.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevantexperience.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.)license in Washington State.
- Proven ability to manage multiple complexmultidiscipline projects and clients.
- Design proficiency with sitedesigning, grading, stormwater, roadway, water, and sanitary sewer improvementsis required.
- A proven track record of providingsuperior client service.
- Demonstrated leadership andability to effectively train and mentor a qualified and profitable team.
Excellent public presentation and communicationskills. The candidate must have theability to effectively communicate and present ideas and project details tostakeholders.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 8 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture