M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence™ in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
A competitive salary
Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
401k Retirement Plan
Military Reserve pay offset
Paid maternity leave
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an Electronic Systems Security Design Engineer you will be an expert in deploying technology to improve our customers' physical security posture. You should understand how to protect people and facilities by deploying tried and true as well as cutting edge technology. You should be able to quickly and thoroughly understand a customer's needs and translate that into a system design that can be deployed at scale around the globe.
Be an expert in one or more technolgy sets in Physical Security: Access Control, Intrusion Detection, CCTV, Perimeter Detection Systems, Weapons Detection Systems and more. Know these systems as well as the vendors selling them; and work with their product teams to make them even better for our customers. Have an understanding of the IT environments ESSs need to operate in, and know how to talk to network security teams to securely deploy your solutions. Work with a team of Security Engineers to share your knowledge and gain an even deeper understanding of how large enterprises are secured.
Here's what your typical project will look like:
1) Meet with the customer to understand the security needs and develop requirements and test plans.
2) Identify candidate technolgies and evaluate them against the defined requirements. Become an expert on the system and be able to communicate how the system enables the solution and where it's limitations lie.
3) Work with internal teams to assess and resolve all privacy, network security, and scalability concerns for the systems.
4) Write high quality documentation for system standards and operations. Work hand in hand with installation and administration teams to field the solutions.
5) Continually re-evaluate the systems to ensure they are still effective and actively assess how new technology developments or changes in the environment may require a new solutions.
6) Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on security engineering needs and requirements for system performance, installations, and sustainment programs and provide recommended improvements per industry best practices
Specific position requirements are as follows:
Highly qualified candidates should demonstrate:
- Hands on experience designing and deploying Physical Security Systems
- System administration experience in performing triage on system problems, resolving the system problems, analyzing system data to prevent problems, and implementing new workstations and system extensions
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline with two (2) to four (4) years of engineering experience
- Reliable attendance at customer site during work hours required by customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- This position may require driving to customer sites and/or ongoing or intermittent use of a company vehicle. Selected candidates must possess an acceptable driving record in accordance to our policy.
1) Working knowledge and/or certification with electronic security manufacturers such as Lenel, AMAG, Software House, FLIR, Hirsch, MDI, Bosch, Pelco, Genetec, HID, Axis, and Geutebruck. Candidate should be able to understand how these systems operate and where their limitations lie.
2) Working knowledge and/or certification with communications and network protocols and services including TCP/IP, RS232, RS485, network-based video distribution (Multicast L2/L3). Corresponding vendor certifications include Associate, Professional, or Expert level certifications from Cisco, Juniper, Brocade, etc. Experience deploying ESS or IOT devices on secure network environments is a plus.
3) Working knowledge and/or certification with operating systems commonly used for ACS, IDS, and CCTV systems. Corresponding vendor certifications include Associate and Professional certifications from Microsoft, VMWare, and Unix (multiple versions).
4) Familiarity with physical security designs, standard operating procedures, and security operations
5) Programming and scripting experience (PowerShell, Python, etc), experience with systems integration tools and protocols (APIs, SOAP and REST, XML/JSON), database design and query development.