Provides child development evaluations; determines goals and plan of treatment for behaviorally disordered toddlers, including those diagnosed with or suspected to have autistic spectrum disorder (ASD).
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
- Demonstrates comprehensive evaluation/assessment skills including ongoing determination of the effectiveness of interventions and modification of the treatment plan as appropriate.
- Effectively communicates with family in providing education and literature in accordance with age, physical condition, developmental level and cultural needs.
- Develops behavior management programs for the home environment and community setting. Develops and implements age appropriate principles of reinforcement.
- Maintains records measuring effectiveness of behavioral programs, including mastery levels.
- Maintains and completes evaluations, client records, reports and all written documentation effectively and in a timely manner, in accordance with regulatory and departmental guidelines.
- Effectively communicates with other team members, including program assistant(s). Utilizes other support staff as appropriate.
Minimum of two years experience providing direct care services to individuals ages birth to 5 implementing behavioral intervention programs.
Minimum of Bachelor of Arts or Sciences in one of the following disciplines: special education, early childhood or psychology.
Crisis Management Certification preferred.
Coursework in behavioral methodology for children.