Full Job Description
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a project management positon to the Engineering Asset Management team. This position will be located in Redondo, CA .
The selected candidate will support a diverse customer set that can utilize your project management planning experience and are able to handle multiple, complex projects
The selected candidate must be able to shift quickly from assignment to assignment and identify and provide resolutions that are in line with customer expectations, we invite you to pursue a career opportunity within our department. This team serves as a liaison between multiple program disciplines including Asset Operations, Metrology, Customer Support & Logistics, Test Equipment Acquisition, Engineering Property System and business management. Project managers execute on the full life of a project from initiation to execution through closeout while providing status and issue resolution. Our projects have a wide range of impact and complexity involving Root Cause and Corrective Action analysis, Process generation and enhancement, Metric data analysis, resource planning, capital & indirect budget management, facilities, lab and information technology management and long range strategic planning. Excellent communications skills are required in this challenging role.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years of work related project management experience OR Masters Degree and 1 year of experience
- Experience with facilitation and supporting multi-discipline teams
- Experience using Microsoft Office or similar desktop applications
- Ability to obtain and maintain a active DoD Secret Clearance
- Master's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline or business management
- Experience in aerospace or manufacturing industries
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Lean Six Sigma, process development and continuous improvement experience is desirable
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.