The Web Producer position resides within Office of Public Affairs and Strategic Communications which provides a variety of outreach support services to the U.S. Department of State’s, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. The office is charged with elevating Bureau initiatives and promoting its programs, people, and accomplishments with high-quality, engaging, and innovative digital products including eight websites: eca.state.gov, exchanges.state.gov, educationusa.state.gov, studyabroad.state.gov, americanenglish.state.gov, alumni.state.gov, j1visa.state.gov and culturalproperty.state.gov.This role’s primary function as part of the web team is to create and maintain content across the bureau’s web equities as well as monitoring website metrics, performance, and user experience.
- Develop and/or update written messaging, program information, images, video, etc. for ECA websites via Drupal and Wordpress content management systems.
- Write compelling stories and content to reflect the impact of international exchange and cultural programming
- Ensure that the State Department brand identity standards and plans are implemented consistently across all digital products
- Work with program office liaisons across the organization to ensure information is continuously up to date
- Contribute to the development of ongoing global marketing campaigns
- Monitor, interpret, and communicate website metrics and performance
- Ensure overall quality and consistency of content across all multiple State Department websites.
- Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years working with Drupal/, WordPress content management systems
- 4+ years writing/editing for the web experience
- Experience working with clients or on a service-based team
- Understanding of user experience principles, basic knowledge of User Experience (UX).
- HTML Web Programming (intermediate knowledge)
- Project Management
- Google Analytics, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign)
- Google Analytics Certificate
- Experience with Facebook Pixel Tracking
- Experience working in the field of international education/study abroad
- Experience studying, living, or working abroad
- Experience with SEO, marketing
Position contingent on ability of applicant to obtain a Security Clearance: Secret * Async-Nu Microsystems will facilitate the security clearance approval process upon hire
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Web Producer: 5 years (Preferred)
- Drupal and Word Press Content Management: 5 years (Required)
- Google Analytics: 5 years (Preferred)
- SEO: 5 years (Required)
- Writing and Editing for the Web: 5 years (Preferred)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 5 years (Preferred)
- Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain the clearance (Required)