Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Registered Nurse position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
We are offering a $10,000 Sign On Bonus!
HCA Florida Healthcare offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at UCF Lake Nona Hospital!
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a dynamic Emergency Room RN to join our team. To be successful in this role you must be a quick thinker, decision-maker, and multitasker, with a willingness to adapt to whatever the day may bring. In this role you will provide nursing care on cases ranging from minor injuries to acutely or critically ill patients. You would be part of a phenomenal team that works hard to support each other while providing excellent care to our patients in a collaborative manner.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Triage, assess and treat patients of all ages
- Identify expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient and the situation
- Develop plans that prescribe strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes.
- Manage multiple cases simultaneously providing general nursing care and prioritizing needs continually
- You will provide follow up care instructions to patients and make necessary referrals
- You must coordinate functions with physicians and other departments of the hospital, while being patient focused and safety aware at all times
What qualifications you will need:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida, multistate or able to obtain licensure prior to start is required
- Associate Degree, or Registered Nurse Diploma
- 1+ years experience as RN in acute care environment is preferred
- BLS must be obtained prior to employment start date
- NIH Stroke Scale must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention must be obtained within 6 months of employment start date
- TNCC required within 6 months
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt, or ACLS Instructor must be obtained within 6 months of employment start date
- PALS Pediatric Adv Life Supt, or PALS Instructor must be obtained within 6 months of employment start date
How to attend
UCF FAIRWINDS Alumni Center It is the UCF Alumni Center (direct address above) however you will need to drive just about half a block past the address to park in Garage D. Park in Garage D, follow the HCA signs to the Alumni Center and do not pay for parking at the garage because we will have that covered.
Snacks and refreshments will be provided.
What to prepare
Preferred dress code
Business casual (dress pants/skirt, button down/blouse, optional tie)
What is a hiring event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!