Included in this function will be a full range of management duties including, but not limited to the following:
- Provide airfield operations support as scheduled by the Senior Airfield Operator and/or Security Branch Management. Airfield activity will dictate scheduling, but the Contractor may expect to work various schedules, to include: Monday through Friday during normal business hours, possible weekends, and nights.
- Assist Government Airfield Manager with scheduling of airfield activities and flights; inspections and maintenance of Base’s airfield, hangars, and aircraft landing zones.
- Operate and maintain airfield/aviation equipment in accordance with Base and FAA regulations.
- Serve as an air traffic advisor for the Base airfield and landing/drop zones.
- Communicate weather conditions and restricted airspace information with aviators during training exercises.
- Maintain airfield weather and aeronautical equipment and gauges to include the Data Transmission Network weather satellite system.
- Document weather observations for the Base's Supplementary Aviation Weather Reporting Stations (SAWRS).
- Take Wet-Bulb Globe readings during hot weather months and disseminate information to Government and Contractor department heads.
- Coordinate support equipment, material, and personnel as needed.
- Provide flight crewmembers and passengers a security awareness briefing
- Work different hours including nights/ weekends to accommodate aircraft mission requirements
- Assist Senior Airfield Manager with submitting periodic security and airfield reports.
- Assist with the collection and documentation of daily weather conditions that are submitted to the National Weather Service on a monthly basis.
- Assist with annual inventories of airfield and government owned property.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Basic Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Aviation Management or (5) years of experience in airfield operations.
- Certified as a Supplementary Aviation Weather Reporting Station and Aviation Sentry
- Certified fork lift operator with experience in loading cargo
- Must possess and maintain up to a TS/SCI clearance with government issued polygraph.
- Bachelor's Degree in Aviation Management or a related field