Included in this function will be a full range of management duties including, but not limited to the following:
• Provide airfield operations support as scheduled by the Senior Airfield Operator and/or Security Branch Management. Airfield activity will dictate scheduling, but the Contractor may expect to work various schedules, to include: Monday through Friday during normal business hours, possible weekends, and nights.
• Assist Government Airfield Manager with scheduling of airfield activities and flights; inspections and maintenance of Base’s airfield, hangars, and aircraft landing zones.
• Operate and maintain airfield/aviation equipment in accordance with Base and FAA regulations.
• Serve as an air traffic advisor for the Base airfield and landing/drop zones.
• Communicate weather conditions and restricted airspace information with aviators during training exercises.
• Maintain airfield weather and aeronautical equipment and gauges to include the Data Transmission Network weather satellite system.
• Document weather observations for the Base's Supplementary Aviation Weather Reporting Stations (SAWRS).
• Take Wet-Bulb Globe readings during hot weather months and disseminate information to Government and Contractor department heads.
• Coordinate support equipment, material, and personnel as needed.
• Provide flight crewmembers and passengers a security awareness briefing
• Work different hours including nights/ weekends to accommodate aircraft mission requirements
• Assist Senior Airfield Manager with submitting periodic security and airfield reports.
• Assist with the collection and documentation of daily weather conditions that are submitted to the National Weather Service on a monthly basis.
• Assist with annual inventories of airfield and government owned property.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Basic Job Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Aviation Management or (5) years of experience in airfield operations.
* Certified as a Supplementary Aviation Weather Reporting Station and Aviation Sentry
* Certified fork lift operator with experience in loading cargo
• Must possess and maintain up to a TS/SCI clearance with government issued polygraph.
• Bachelor's Degree in Aviation Management or a related field