Note: This position requires a security clearance from the US Federal Government. Therefore, US Citizenship is required.
MOVING EXPENSES STIPEND NEGOTIABLE
Location: Rock Island, IL
Encentric is looking for highly motivated professionals who want to join our team of Software Developers for Mission Support Applications with the US Army.
Your role as a Software Developer will be to introduce new features to existing software applications, improve the efficiency of existing code, create new modules, enhance current functionalities, work on break-fix and provide support to the SDLC.
1.1. Required Experience
- Three (3) years of experience in .NET technology in a medium to large environment or;
- Relevant experience in QlikView and Qlik Sense, both software for business intelligence & data visualization waive the 3 years requirement
- Microsoft Software Development Fundamentals – Exam 98-361 or (most current equivalent/comparable Microsoft certification) - MCSA Web Applications (Exam 70-486 Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications)
- One of the following (must be active):
- CCNA - Security, Security+, or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) certification.
1.2. Required Profile
- Programming languages, tools, frameworks, concepts, and platforms operating on Microsoft Windows Server platforms.
- Experience with QlikView and Qlik Sense
- Over 3 years of experience in the following technologies:
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Microsoft C# 4.0/4.5
- Microsoft .NET Framework Libraries
- Microsoft ASP.NET
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/2013
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2010/2013
- HTML 4.1/5
- JQuery 1.x/2.x
- CSS 2.x/3.x
- Bootstrap 2.x/3.x
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 7
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005-2014
- Mature, proactive and responsive
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in using the Microsoft Visual Studio testing and debugging frameworks.
- Experience utilizing the Microsoft Team Foundation Server source control system.
- Understanding of the Department of Defense IA controls and security and technical implementation guidelines (STIGs) is a plus.
1.3. Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide software development and maintenance expertise by participating as a developer member of a Software Development Team (SDT).
- Develop and/or modify moderately to highly complex applications (generally web-based) by designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and maintaining those programs.
- Collaborate with other members of the SDT including software development leads, product managers, testers, business analysts, and other developers to understand and implement individual work efforts and overall product vision.
- Develop, improve, and maintain the software source code.
- Develop, improve, and maintain software diagrams or models.
- Develop, improve, or maintain software documentation.
- Document software development lifecycle efforts.
- Provide recommendations for designs, solutions, and/or improvements
We want to ensure a positive work experience. We understand that taking care of your needs as our associate is one of the most important things we can do. We offer a generous benefits package including:
- Sponsor training and professional development
- Health & Dental Insurance Plan
- 120 Hrs of Paid Time Off
- Retirement plan with company match
- Gym & Health Club membership reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- Qlik Sense or Qlik View: 1 year (Preferred)
- .NET Software Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- US Citizen/US Passport (Required)
- CompTIA Security+ (Preferred)
- Microsoft Software Development Fundamentals or equivalent (Preferred)