In this role, you will join a rapidly growing innovation consulting firm, BMNT, Inc., headquartered in Palo Alto, CA with an east coast office in Arlington, VA. BMNT is unique because of the focus on Mission Acceleration - increasing the speed at which mission-driven organizations solve complex problems at scale. BMNT is not only an established thought leader in innovation but is actively changing how organizations think about and solve problems, as demonstrated by the creation of Hacking for Defense (H4D) ®. Our customers span across the U.S. public sector, and abroad in the United Kingdom and Australia.
About the Role:
BMNT is hiring a Program Analyst for the Hacking for Defense® (H4D) Program. H4D is a nationwide university program that leverages student teams to address national security problems facing the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community.
At BMNT, Junior Analysts play an integral role in the consultative process that forms the basis for everything we do for our customers, and they support the entire project lifecycle, including facilitated workshops and product development.
A significant portion of the Junior Analyst role is Problem Curation, specialized tradecraft developed by BMNT to help our customers validate problems worth spending time, energy, and resources to solve. A high-performing Junior Analyst will therefore demonstrate excellence, discipline, and consistency in analysis and critical thinking and take initiative to understand our customers' needs. This will be done by interviewing a diverse and unique spectrum of people affected by the problem in order to collect qualitative and quantitative data that will help to rapidly identify the specific customer pain point to solve.
We expect Junior Analysts to be cognizant of hidden assumptions, adept at clearly articulating their findings, and steadfast in their search for and awareness of additional needs that may surface from customer engagements, including how to improve BMNT products and services so they continue to drive customer outcomes.
This role in particular includes working with H4D as it supports customers from across government and industry. It will require good data gathering and analytics skills to ensure we establish a foundation with which to better understand our customers and trends in the marketplace.
Location: Within commuting distance Arlington, VA with the expectation of being in the office 2-3 days per week.
- Proactively communicating with customers.
- Researching related and relevant industries to find potential solutions from use-cases in the commercial sector.
- Analyzing findings and turning the data into content that customers can easily digest, understand, and use to take meaningful action.
- Directly supporting the foundational modules of BMNT workshops
- Exhibiting respectful behavior and following company policies.
- Be able to present clear and cogent presentations using PowerPoint or similar applications.
- Ability to write and present arguments.
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases.
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques.
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locating and defining new process improvement opportunities.
- Excitement for BMNT's mission.
- The ability to provide valuable, succinct, and actionable insights to others in written or verbal form from large amounts of information.
- A self-starter with an obsession for outcomes, not activities and history of achievements.
- Humility and a commitment to self-improvement and self-awareness, including proactively seeking and welcoming constructive feedback from colleagues.
- Curiosity and an always-be-learning attitude, including recognizing when help is needed and seeking new ideas or perspectives to accomplish an objective.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage and prioritize many concurrent tasks.
- The ability to execute and support data-oriented projects.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience with the Hacking for Defense program as an undergraduate or graduate university student preferred but not required.
- US citizenship required
If you are a self-starter with an obsession for outcomes, not activities and a history of achievements, and enjoy working on projects with collaborative and creative teams, this could be the right role for you!
Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
#innovation #leanstartup #army #navy #H4D #leanstartup