We are seeking an independent, self-motivated postdoctoral fellow interested in contributing to cancer research projects aimed at understanding and preventing the age-related risk for cancer predisposition. The post-doctoral fellow will be co-mentored by Drs. Steve Baylin and Hari Easwaran (NIH-funded laboratory at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine). The candidate is expected to work towards understanding epigenetic alterations during ageing and early tumor development using various cellular and mouse models. This research will help in determining the key epigenetic parameters that are altered during ageing and may predispose to tumorigenesis. The post-doctoral fellow will get opportunities to work and develop various epigenetic assays, cellular models, animal experiments and genomics tools. The findings from the studies have broad implications in basic cancer research and cancer diagnostics.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform research work
- Regular meetings with project PI to discuss updates
- Be up to date with literature
- Collaborate with other lab colleagues
Qualifications and Skills:
- Eligible to work in USA
- Ph.D. degree (Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Oncology or other related life sciences fields)
- Publication record demonstrating knowledge in respective field.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques (e.g., DNA preparation, PCR/qPCR, cloning, lentiviral vectors, other common DNA/RNA/protein techniques), mammalian tissue culture and animal work required.
- Previous background in cancer research and epigenetics will be an advantage.
- Experience/understanding of handling/analyzing genomics data (methylation, expression microarrays, RNA seq and NGS Data) will be an advantage.
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Coursework in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry.
Interested candidates may submit an following documents:
- Cover letter describing research and career goals
- Curriculum Vitae
- Publication list
Please combine all the above documents in one PDF.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- lab research: 4 years (Preferred)
- Baltimore, MD 21287 (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Child Care benefits
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Flexible schedules