Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a RN, Oncology (Outpatient) who:
Delivers coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of patients in an oncology department according to established standards of care and the nursing process. Supervises and directs the activities of various levels of assigned nursing staff, and coordinates care with other disciplines while utilizing critical thinking, professional and supervisory discretion, and independent judgment.
- Conducts baseline assessment and nursing history of outpatients receiving radiation therapy including vital signs, pain assessment and medication history. Utilizes Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) guidelines in documentation. Assesses patients for fall risk, allergies and communicates to physicians and team. Conducts weekly assessment of patients for signs and symptoms of side effects from radiation therapy. Prepares charts for initial assessments and follow up visits to radiation therapy department. Communicates pertinent changes to physician.
- Assists physicians with all procedures performed in radiation therapy department including Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS), High Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy, and examinations. Prepares exam room for patient. Takes vital signs and assists physician with procedures. Cleans and maintains instruments used in procedures. Performs blood draws in department; starts intravenous therapy for the administration of intravenous contrast; administers medication in department as ordered by physician. Administers oxygen when necessary.
- Acts as a mediator and resource in the department in regards to transportation, scheduling and pertinent medical issues between the patients and the radiation therapists.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (BSN): Preferred
- Oncology nurse experience in a radiation department: Preferred
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the state of practice: Required