PCMG Patient Access
This position performs efficient and orderly registration of all patients. Prepares admission forms, obtains necessary documentation and signatures, and confirms demographic information when the patient and/or guarantor present for services. Collects copay and deductible amounts at time of service. Coordinates and manages physician schedules for outpatient office visits working with systems, physicians and team members to appropriately schedule office visits. Enters pertinent patient data and specific physician requests.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and monitors daily work activity to ensure that complete, accurate, and compliant registration and scheduling has been performed in a timely manner.
- Accurately documents all information in the appropriate fields and/or account notes. Maintains accuracy when entering demographic and insurance information in the system.
- Arrives patients who present for professional and hospital services that have been pre-registered and collect co-pay and deductible amounts. Obtains all necessary signatures from the Guarantor at time of registration.
- Answers telephones, schedules appointments, and answers all questions in a timely and professional manner.
- Facilitates the timely completion of scheduling requests from community and employed physicians with the use of PCH internal referral management systems. Requests medical records as needed for completion of services.
- Identifies and refers uninsured and under insured patients to the Financial Counselor.
- Performs registration in appropriate system, verifies insurance coverage, obtains authorization for patients who present for professional and hospital services and have not been pre-registered.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with patients/guarantors, insurance companies, government entities, clinical personnel, co-workers, and management to promote teamwork, cooperation and a positive public image for PCH.
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.