Join Madison Square Park Conservancy, the non-profit organization that operates and programs historic, 6.2 acre Madison Square Park, a premier public green space and cultural hub in New York City.
Maintenance Staff is responsible for:
- Helping maintain the park’s garden beds including the planting of seasonal material, pruning, mulching, weeding, & watering.
- Maintaining lawn areas including mowing, edging, raking, & watering.
- General cleanliness of park which includes litter/trash removal, sweeping, & cleaning of infrastructure.
- Operating and maintaining landscaping equipment (mowers, edgers, blowers, etc.)
- Assisting with set-up and breakdown for cultural programming/events at the park.
Who/what we’re looking for:
- Bright, high-energy, friendly individuals who want to work outdoors in a team environment helping beautify public space.
- Interest/experience in horticulture & urban green space.
- Ability to perform heavy, physical labor on a daily basis in all weather conditions
- Individuals who are comfortable working with dogs and children.
- Hard-working individuals capable of doing physically-strenuous work.
- Individuals with flexible schedules. Evening and weekend work is required.
- Outgoing personalities who can serve as ambassadors to our patrons, work hard, and have fun doing it.
- Ability to handle landscaping equipment & tools, safely & efficiently (training is provided).
- Commitment to doing every job well.
- 40 hours a week, the schedule will vary.
To apply, send resume AND cover letter with Seasonal Maintenance Staff in the subject line.
Madison Square Park Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Required work authorization: