The Product Marketing Manager role is the product Go-to-Market Champion. You will define, shepherd, and launch new products and solutions while also supporting existing products in the marketplace.
You will be responsible for researching marketing opportunities, defining market requirements for new products, and leading outbound product launch activities. Key to your success will be the ability to collaboratively work with Sales and Customers to develop market intelligence, identify problems and define solutions that the organization can act on through product development to improve Onset’s market position.
- Works closely with the sales team, industrial thought leaders, and key customers to identify market opportunities for product and solution development.
- Develops and drives sufficient market awareness to translate end user needs and product features to value proposition statements that resonate with the customer.
- Conducts market and competitive research; analyzes the information and articulates customer needs, wants, and desires to the organization.
- Engages with product management and engineering on the definition and development of the product requirements that address customer and market need.
- Works with Marketing Communications to build marketing and sales collateral that supports the product position, advertising, lead generation and sale for new and existing products.
- Conducts and presents periodic business reviews for assigned products and/or markets.
- Provides product demonstrations and presentations to a variety of audiences including: customers, prospects, third parties, industry forums, employees and senior management.
- Manages products within entire product life cycle through strategic planning and tactical execution including annual and quarterly forecasting responsibilities for NPI.
- Responsible for sales training and support as needed throughout the life cycle of the product.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Curious, innovative, passionate, high energy personality.
- Experience with applying technology towards solving customer problems.
- Ability to make effective recommendations, make independent decisions using sound judgment, and communicate information in a clear, understandable and informative manner.
- Adept at maintaining strong and fruitful relationships across both internal and external organizations.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, organizational, research and analytical skills.
- Ability to conduct impactful presentations for internal and external customers concerning strategic direction and vision for assigned products.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Minimum education and work experience required:
- 5+ years of technical product marketing or management experience.
- BS or BA degree, business, marketing, science, or engineering.
- MBA or relevant industry experience a plus.
- Knowledge in any of the following areas a plus, but not required:
- Environmental Remote Monitoring
- Weather / Metrologic Systems
- Agricultural Research and Production Systems
No phone calls
Job Type: Full-time
- Product Demos: 1 year (Required)
- Analysis Skills: 1 year (Required)
- Marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Gym memberships or discounts