This position requires a strong leader capable of balancing the need of efficient productivity with superior quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support sales and design engineering with costing and mfg. criteria to capture new applications/proposals and continuous improvement initiatives of existing programs
- Develop new manufacturing methods to capture new business and drive sustaining profitability on in-house programs
- Develop and direct a supply chain to act as an interim prototype model shop to capture and deliver prototype requirements and meet quick turn demands
- Knowledge and implementation of customer PO flow down of contract review.
- Develop processing control plans for new product launch
- Recommend and justify new capital equipment. .
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BSME, BSMET or similar educational background
- Experience in machining, grinding and metal fabrication
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma
- Ability to design and modify fixturing and tooling
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills
- Working knowledge and implementation of quality systems and control plans
- High level of analytical ability
- Highly developed individual contributor
- Ability to travel (including internationally) as required
- Proficiency with CAD systems, Unigraphics NX 10 a plus
- Ball Screw/Bearing background a plus
Due to ITAR requirements for government defense contractors, you must be a U.S. Person.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.