VP for Competition
Location: Washington, DC
Description: CCIA, a leading technology trade association, seeks an experienced policy professional to manage the Association’s competition portfolio domestically and internationally (excluding Europe).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- advancing the Association’s competition policy agenda, including working with CCIA member companies and other Association personnel authoring relevant communications, including advocacy and analyses for Association members and the public, in the form of briefs and comments,articles, posts, papers, and other thought leadership on competition and regulatory law and policy;
- acting as spokesperson on competition policy;
- overseeing and managing third-party competition policy initiatives supported by the Association; and
- directing the Association’s legislative advocacy on competition and regulatory policy (lobbyist registration may be required).
Minimum Qualifications: Eight years relevant work experience in public policy, government, regulatory affairs, economics, or law. Preference is for candidates with technology-oriented law firm, public authority, think tank, or Congressional experience. Candidates must possess excellent communication skills, including persuasive and analytical writing, and public speaking.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- broad substantive knowledge of competition and antitrust policy, including the international regulatory landscape, particularly in technology markets;
- understanding of economic theory and principles of economic regulation;
- self-starting personality with good interpersonal skills;
- strong communication skills and a willingness to interact with and work with the media;
- experience in government, government relations, or public policy pertaining to international competition and regulatory policy and practices;
- graduate degree in public policy, government, economics, law, or equivalent.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To apply: Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and a writing sample.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that due to the high volume of submissions only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered and will receive responses.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $1.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Work Location: One location