Maintenance Technician at Mauser Group
BWAY - Mauser is one of the largest manufacturers of metal, plastic, and fiber containers in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia. Our diverse products and broad geographic reach (50 plants throughout North America) have made us a market leader in the general line packaging industry.
- Identify and implement improvements to manufacturing and support processes to create cost reductions and improve operational performance.
- Apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, tooling and materials.
- Solicit observations from operators, study product requirements, and design, modify and test manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Validate implemented manufacturing process improvements to ensure desired results and sustainability and develop documentation for integration into company quality system.
- Investigate operational problems affecting production.
- Support organization, planning and commissioning of new or modified production lines.
- Provide training to operators, supervisors, and managers on new and modified processes.
- Repairs and provide Preventative Maintenance of all plastic injection molding equipment, as well as all other auxiliary equipment
- Install and wire industrial automation line controls and integrate with existing network, as directed/assisted by the Maintenance Manager
- Perform repairs on electrical or electronic instruments as directed/assisted by the Maintenance Manager
- Troubleshoot electrical control and distribution systems to include 24vac, 120vac, 277vac and 480vac * PLC troubleshooting knowledge, huge plus if you can program
- Assist with equipment or automation installation work as needed
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required
- Prefer Associates/Bachelor's Degree in a Technical Trades/Maintenance related field
- Follow all BWAY safety policies and procedures, attend and participate in safety meetings, as well as promoting preventative maintenance to management and production associates
- Supports Lean Manufacturing, and other company directives and/or projects
- Solid, proven and stable background in a maintenance related position in injection/blow mold facility
- Proven maintenance and technical proficiencies in all disciplines: electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, etc
- Ability to know how to use tools
- Robotics/automation exposure and experience
- Ability to read schematics and blue prints
Job Type: Full-time