- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or 5 years of equivalent work experience
- 5+ years Linux experience and associated tools/languages
- 2+ years’ experience building scripts, tooling, and automation for large-scale computing environments
- 1+ year of experience specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools
- Experience in any of the following: Python, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Bash/Shell
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
This position can sit in either Seattle, WA or Herndon, VA
AWS is building services for the Internet of Things (IoT), such as AWS Greengrass, and AWS IoT Core that collect and send data to the cloud, and make it easy to load and analyze the collected information as well as the ability to more easily manage devices, so you can focus on developing IoT class applications.
Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you understand service architectures and have a knack for improving them and making them robust? Are you the type of person that works with all teams to make operations a better place through automation and building tools? Then this is the job for you.
AWS Greengrass is a software platform that lets you run local compute, machine learning, as well as messaging and data caching for connected devices at the edge in a secure manner. With AWS Greengrass, connected devices can run AWS Lambda functions, keep connected IoT device data in sync, and communicate with devices securely - even when not connected to the Internet.
AWS Greengrass is at the nexus of the next wave of innovation in IoT technology. If you are fascinated by the endless possibilities unlocked when bringing the familiar cloud programming model to the edge – from smart homes, wearables, medical devices, automobiles, intelligent industrial automation and more, this might be the right team for you!
The AWS Greengrass team is recruiting System Development Engineer to develop mission critical AWS Greengrass features with backend cloud services. This is a new area that provides exciting challenges and new and diverse learning opportunities in an industry leading area.
The members of the AWS Greengrass team are technologists from diverse backgrounds who obsess over our customer’s needs and feel a strong sense of ownership. The team is focused on delivering new capabilities and ensuring the service is secure and operationally sound and the team enjoys operating in an agile and collaborative manner.
Candidates will enjoy seeing a direct impact of their work on real customer use cases, thrive in an agile environment and are comfortable managing ambiguity. Similarly, candidates will be excited about IoT technologies and will be highly motivated to apply their software development skills to unlock its full potential when connected to the AWS cloud.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to dive deep and understand all layers of a web services technology stack
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking protocols such as HTTP and DNS
- Experience with tcpdump, wireshark, or other protocol analyzers
- Experience managing large server fleets
- Experience with hardware and software load balancing technologies
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.