Under direct supervision, the Automated Test Engineer I assists in the design of electronic and acoustical production test fixtures and systems to test the functionality of company products in all production facilities.
- Develops written test plans based on new product requirements and product schematics.
- Develops new test capabilities using off-the-shelf solutions, software-defined test instrumentation, or custom-designed hardware.
- Designs signal paths and switching circuits for functional test fixtures and test systems.
- Creates and maintains schematics, bills of materials, test specifications, and other necessary documentation to support test systems and fixtures.
- Creates and maintains functional test programs to automate test equipment measurements, signal path switching, and product control.
- Provides basic electrical verification and troubleshooting of test fixtures, components, and test racks (continuity, voltages, etc.).
- Troubleshoots measurement issues such as voltage levels, RF (radio frequency) output power, RF and audio frequency response, RF sensitivity, and noise floor.
- Analyzes the reliability and capability of test fixtures, software, and systems, using statistical tools.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of software instrument drivers for test equipment and other custom-designed instrumentation.
- Assists in the construction of functional test fixtures, which entails soldering wires/connectors, and populating printed circuit board components.
- Provides technical support to production facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Engineering Technology, or a related field.
- Basic competency of audio, acoustical, and RF principles including analog circuitry, digital circuitry, and digital systems.
- Knowledge of RF communications and RF circuitry is a plus.
- Experience with common measurement instruments (digital oscilloscopes, audio analyzers, RF spectrum analyzers, RF generators, etc.).
- Basic competency with commonly used programming languages (C, C++, Java) and Windows operating systems. Note: the ability to program proficiently is not required, but is recommended.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic / C# .NET or Labview is a plus.
- Knowledge of embedded systems and programming is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally. (Travel requirement will not typically exceed 15% annually.)
- Candidates with relevant experience will also be considered and are encouraged to apply.