Elgin based small business seeks a Mortgage Compliance Analyst to assist in day to day operations serving its mortgage industry clients.
The Compliance Analyst is responsible for supporting the Compliance Department in its execution of the compliance management system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Internal Audit: Executes internal audit scripts to ensure compliance with all mortgage regulations, policies, and procedures. Reports deficiencies and recommends remediation.
- ECOA Timelines: Monitors LOS to ensure the timing requirements prescribed by the Equal Credit Opportunity Act are adhered to and that required notices are delivered in a timely fashion.
- HMDA Reporting: Supports the Compliance department in ensuring HMDA data is complete and accurate.
- LQI/QC Review: Supports the QC/Compliance department in providing a compliance QC review of sampled loan files.
- Compliance Helpline: Supports the compliance department in providing support to Sales/Operational requests for help on compliance-related issues.
- Policies & Procedures: Assist in the writing, updating, and implementation of compliance policies an procedures.
Compliance Training: Assist in the creation, maintenance, and delivery of compliance training materials.
- Vendor Management: Assists in the onboarding, initial due diligence, and ongoing monitoring of critical vendors.
- Evidence of a strong work ethic, accountability, self-motivation, and a passion for excellence is a must.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment while rapidly acquiring specialized knowledge of mortgage compliance rules is a must.
- Problem-solving skills, flexibility, and multi-tasking are crucial.
- 1-3 years’ experience with a mortgage or similar lender is preferred but not necessarily required.
- Working knowledge of TRID and related compliance guidelines a plus
- Experience with Ellie Mae’s Encompass LOS and Allregs is a plus.
The hired candidate will be required to complete a mortgage compliance training course and industry-recognized certification through the Mortgage Bankers Association.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Mortgage or Compliance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Elgin, IL 60120 (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
Full Time Opportunity: