Community Reach Center (CRC)
is an Integrated Health Care and Trauma Informed Care Community that serves a metropolitan area in Denver, CO
. Our 500 employees offer a wide variety of services to individuals and families in schools, day-treatment, residential, hospital, and correctional facilities.
We are seeking a Nurse to join our CSU Team
who is committed to enhancing lives every day. CRC wants compassionate candidates to bring their ideas, to help improve, thrive, and connect with the agency and community. Come join us! We will help you grow professionally and celebrate with you in your achievements.
How will a Nurse be successful in this role?
We are seeking a Staff Nurse, RN. Under direct supervision of RN, provides care, assessment, treatment and support services to consumers and/or their families, including planning, implementation and documentation. May operate in a residential environment, or in an outreach environment, such as in homes, schools, and/or outpatient clinic.
Responsibilities for Medications:
- Performs those nursing interventions for which the RN/LPN has been prepared through approved education programs.
- Assess needs of client, develop solutions and ensure implementation of solutions/interventions and programs to meet those identified needs.
- Observes, identifies, monitors, reports and records the condition of the client including signs and symptoms which may be indicative of change in the consumer’s condition to appropriate members of the treatment team (includes treating psychiatrist and clinical staff), supervising RN.
- Provides care to consumers in a manner that recognizes the human potential, is empathic and demonstrates unconditional positive regard while promoting safety, comfort and the therapeutic environment.
- Provides assistance in crisis intervention, as needed. If assesses situation to be emergent; calls crisis team, 911 and notifies doctor and manager/supervisor.
- Acts as a liaison to outside agencies and providers for clients to ensure continuity of care. In this the capacity advocates for client’s needs, ensures care provided and ensures necessary follow-up.
- Provides client and family education, either in groups or individually, including health education, medication education and/or education related to a psychiatric illness and techniques/skills for physical care.
- Provides case management and other clinical interventions as appropriate.
- Participates in care coordination; collaborative development and implementation of client’s treatment plan with members of the treatment team.
- Maintain confidentiality of consumer records.
- Document intervention and program activity according to Community Reach Center’s policy and procedure.
- Attends and participates in group sessions, in-services education and training opportunities, meetings and special events.
- Liaison between On Call physician and all Residential facilities when on assigned shift.
- Program Assignments
- Performs chart checks as required by Program according to CRC protocol/policy.
- Responsible for admission and discharge process to Program according to CRC Medical Services protocol/policy.
- Administer according to CRC policy.
- Document accurately immediately following med administration.
- Store according to CRC policy.
- Report medication errors.
- Follow proper med disposal procedures per CRC policy.
- Participate in C 2-5 medication counts according to CRC policy.
- Monitor/assist with medication refills according to Medical Services protocol/policy.
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado.
- Knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
- At least on year of psychiatric nursing experience.
- Knowledge of various methods, techniques and procedures used in psychiatric nursing.
- Knowledge of the uses and effects of psychotropic medication, dosages, math related Dosage Calculations, administration and practice.
- Ability to follow detailed oral and written directions and ability to prepare and maintain records, MAR, and charts.
Community Reach Center offers paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, potential opportunity for free supervision towards licensure, outstanding benefits package, including medical insurance, health savings accounts, dental, vision, mail-order prescriptions, vision, employer paid short and long-term disability insurance, employer matching 401(k), generous PTO plan, EAP, and flex spending accounts.
Community Reach Center is an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Apply at www.communityreachcenter.org/careers/