Windows Systems Engineer (Nashville, TN)
This is a long term contract / hourly position (projected from 5 years to 7 years) that will work in the Technology Division, report to the IT Manager, and coordinate closely with the Network Engineering Team.
The Server Windows Systems Engineer designs, installs, administers and supports the Windows server environment and related infrastructure technology
- Administers Windows based systems including: Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016
- VMware - Ensure the availability of virtualization hosts, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment. Build and administer VMware infrastructure solutions in a hybrid environment
- Support and maintain Active Directory infrastructure, Group Policy updates, Software updates, FSMO roles, DNS, DHCP, Sites and services, etc.
- Manage group policies, implement security, and modify registry settings
- Performs daily administration tasks (e.g. add, change, delete, file system and disk space management, back-ups and file restore)
- Provide support for the hosted Office 365 environment.
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Prioritizes testing and deployment of workstation and server patches using SCCM. Develops packages to install operating system and software applications using SCCM.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or ten (10) years related systems administration experience
- VMware -VMware ESXi, vSphere v6.5
- Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016 administration experience
- Scripting with PowerShell and SQL queries
- Patch and application management experience with SCCM
- General experience with Cisco networking technologies – route, switch, firewall, etc.
- Required – At least one Microsoft sstems focused certification such as MCSE, MCSA, or MCITP
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $45.00 to $50.00 /hour
- Windows Server Administration: 5 years
- MCSE, MCSA, MCITP or similar
Required work authorization: