Smith & Wesson Precision Components have partnered with United Personnel to hire Machine Operators in their newly expanded Deep River facility.
We are hiring entry level manufacturing employees, packers, injection mold operators, process technicians, and machine operators.
Pay rates begin at $11.50 per hour for entry level positions. There is no better way to gain valuable, entry-level, experience with a well established and growing plastics company!
Manufacturing experience preferred.
3rd Shift Hours: 12am-8am
Type: Full time temp to hire
Excellent full time opportunities for candidates who go above and beyond!
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: Manufacturing: 1 year
Required language: English
Position Summary: Responsible for running production machines, assemble product, trim, inspect, pack, count, weld, test and print according to customer requirements.
- Read, comprehend and perform visual inspection per specific job instructions
- Run both manual jobs and automatics
- Equipment includes: Ultra sonic welder, Bridgeport, pad printer, vibration welder, motorized or manual assembly devices, packaging, sorting, and hot stamping
- Conduct accurate product counts, label, weigh parts and box finished products
- Must be able to work well in a fast paced environment
- Maintain clean and safe work area
- Accurately fill out production paperwork and batch tickets
- Properly maintain all hand tools / equipment used
- Report machine, tooling, equipment, and material problems to supervisor or QC
- Break other operators as needed
- Some overtime may be required according production needs
- Work in various departments when requested
- General housekeeping (maintain clean and safe work area)
- Perform other projects as directed by supervisor or management
All the above essential functions require varying degrees of independence, judgement, and discretion and the ability to be mobile within the work area.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Familiar with the operation of injection presses and secondary press-side equipment
- Varying degrees of machine/hand skills based on assignment
- Ability to move/carry materials for proper dispersion
- Basic math skills, able to use scales and calculate part quantities
- Positive / can-do attitude
- Be self-motivated, communicate well and have the willingness and adaptability to work under varying conditions
- Strong commitment to quality, productivity and team performance in the workplace
- Must be proficient in English
- Continuous: standing, walking, lifting, bending, pushing/pulling, and reaching.
- Frequent: kneeling, sitting, squatting, overhead work, fine and gross upper body motor movement
- Maximum lift: 0 to 30 pounds and assisted lifting over 30 pounds
- Frequent lifting: 0 to 30 pounds
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.50 /hour
- warehouse: 1 year (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)