A large physician-owned specialty medical practice on the south side of Indianapolis is looking for a full time Controller to direct the organization's Finance and Accounting functions. Some of the primary duties of this position will include:
- Manage the Accounting Department and maintenance of all essential financial records.
- Produce all monthly financial statements.
- Direct and coordinate the preparation and reporting of budgets, forecasts, strategic planning and business financial presentations.
- Prepare and coordinate financial audits and tax preparation documentation while ensuring that the company is in compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Contribute to the strategic development of the business while performing financial analysis and offer advice as well as provide details for due diligence work and conduct research as needed.
- Promote continuous improvement of analytical tools and accounting through report automation while maintaining reporting accuracy and integrity.
- Directly supervise the Accounts Payable functions and staff. All revenue cycle functions ultimately report to the Controller.
- Perform basic management responsibilities to include training, interviewing, approving vacations, completing performance appraisals, conducting discipline sessions and personnel development.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 10+ years of progressive responsibility in a financial/accounting function, including previous experience as a Controller or Assistant Controller in a healthcare setting.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems, preferably Peachtree Accounting.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 10 years (Preferred)