Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operators are remote pilots of unmanned observation aircrafts, aka military drones, or UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) that gather intelligence used in operational tactics. Our drone operators are intelligence specialists; they are integral to providing Army personnel with information about enemy forces and battle areas.
- Conduct air reconnaissance, surveillance, targeting and acquisition missions
- Plan and analyze flight missions
- Perform preflight, in flight and postflight checks and procedures
- Launch and recover air frame from runway
- Perform maintenance on communications equipment, power sources, light/heavy wheeled vehicles and crane operations
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for an unmanned aircraft systems operator requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and over 23 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field. Some of the skills you’ll learn on your way to becoming an elite drone pilot are:
- Performing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance simulation missions
- Preparing maps, charts and intelligence reports
- Analyzing aerial photographs
- Using computer systems
- Interest in remote/radio control vehicles
- Organize information and study its meaning
- Think and write clearly
- Attention to detail
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay and vacation time. You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Some of our benefits include:
- College tuition paid 100 percent the entire time you are employed with us
- Up to $40,000 dollar sign on bonus and/or $65,000 Student Loan Repayment.
- Up to $86,536 to go to college AFTER your service which can be used by you or split among your immediate family members (If you choose to transfer this benefit to them)
- Free housing (or your rent paid directly) and utilities 100 percent covered for you and your family
- Free Medical and Dental for you and your family
- 30 days paid vacation each year
- Free Travel.
In order to meet the minimum qualifications, you must:
- Be under 35 years old
- Be a US Citizen or Hold at least a green card (I-551)
- Have a High School Diploma/GED
- Have no major medical issues (missing limbs, mental health issues..)
- Have no major law violations (sexual misconducts, domestics..)
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please apply now and within 24-48 hours, you will receive an email from our recruiting team, directly.
Anthony DeMuse Sr.
Social Media Recruiting Team
IG @ ssg_demuse
Snapchat @ ssg_awesome
As a student, graduate, parent or teacher, take a look at the different opportunities we can offer you or someone you know.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)