PURPOSE OF ROLE:
This position owns all aspects of item lifecycle and digital asset maintenance once an item has been successfully onboarded to Lowe’s. This Manager leads a team that executes enterprise item maintenance processes and is responsible for the ongoing upkeep of the health of the item repository. This role also leads efforts to improve maintenance processes and partners with the right internal organizations to deliver on-going improvements. Additionally, this role is responsible for the oversight and upkeep of the digital asset experience on Lowes.com. The Manager leads a team of direct reports and is responsible for inspiring, managing, and developing team members.
- Represents the Online Merchandising function in business process evaluation, systems requirements and functional design
- Partners with Online Merchandising and cross-functional teams to define business needs, develop requirements/project plans and provide implementation oversight
- Maintains all formal item lifecycle processes and drives process improvement efforts to drive productivity
- Manages the operating model to maintain digital assets online and coordinates/partners with the right teams for any issues needing resolution.
- Plans and executes efforts to put new processes in place to enhance Lowe’s ability to maintain the library of items.
- Responsible for understanding the merchandising process and causes/reasons for item status changes as well as other actions taken against items related to pricing/markdowns, promotions, inventory availability, and fulfillment.
- Audits and evaluates implemented projects to support continuous improvement
- Leverages and oversees performance of an offshore team to execute item lifecycle management activities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in business process evaluation and procedure development; Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of all tools, processes, methodologies and standards for requirements gathering, documentation and analysis.
- Previous experience supervising professionals
- Experience or in-depth knowledge of retail merchandising and/or logistics; possesses cross functional retail knowledge.
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational, leadership and teamwork skills; Demonstrated experience in process improvement and/or SDLC and project management methodology
- PC proficiency, including knowledge of worksheet, word processing, project management and presentation applications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, marketing, finance, computer science or related field
- 4+ years' experience with Online / Retail Merchandising / Vendor Management / Supplier Relationship Management / Data Management
- 1+ years' experience leading others
- Master's Degree, MBA or related field
- 2+ years' experience with project management managing retail/ merchandising process improvement project
- 1+ years' experience with Item Data Management processes and systems
- 1+ years' experience managing item lifecycle activities in retail environment
- Retail/ merchandising experience
- Large-scale data analysis and demonstrated ability to identify key insights from data to solve business problems
- Machine learning techniques and artificial intelligence concepts
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE:
LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.