Our mission simply put is “To Be Great”. We strive for Greatness in everything that we do:
- Great Community Stewards –
- Great Employer –
- Great Leaders –
- Great Portfolio –
- Great Service –
- Great Visionaries –
** Performs repairs and preventative maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality standards are achieved and maintained. The Chief Engineer is responsible for supervising and training all other maintenance technicians at the property.
- Perform and document preventive maintenance program according to brand standards.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times.
- Ensure that all guest rooms are rentable on a daily basis.
- Check and make repairs to plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
- Check and make repairs to electrical systems such as lighting systems, television sets and kitchen equipment.
- Perform repairs to building, furniture, bathrooms, guest rooms, etc., as needed; may perform painting tasks.
- Perform basic trouble shooting and repair of HVAC equipment.
- Ensure that all equipment is functioning properly and that preventive maintenance measures are performed to preserve the hotel and keep product quality to standard.
- Respond in a courteous manner to guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Respond in a timely manner to all work orders.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping Manager to ensure property is maintained in like-new condition.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds; push and pull 100 pounds.
- Practice safety standards at all times and be alert to hazardous conditions. Report or correct any hazardous conditions immediately.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with Employee Handbook. Employee must adhere to all work rules, procedures, and policies established by the company, including but not limited to, those contained in the employee handbook.
- Wear proper uniform at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance.
- Other duties as assigned, of which the employee is capable of performing.
- Will be responsible for managing other maintenance technicians on the property, coaching and counseling. Also the Chief Engineer is responsible for administering written and verbal warnings to maintenance technicians when need be.
- Will be asked to train new employees
- Must have a positive attitude
- High School Diploma or GED and 3+ years related experiences or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of standard practices in maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical components
- Willing to work all shifts including: weekends, holidays, evenings, and 24-hour emergency on call
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to access confined spaces - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions