Are you looking to make a career change? Are you looking to make a difference? We are looking for compassionate individuals to work with children diagnosed with autism.
ENTRY LEVEL and STUDENT job applicants are welcome! We offer FLEXIBLE and PART-TIME hours to fit your schedule. No experience, no problem - we will train you and pay for you to become a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)!
You are a good fit if the qualities below describe you.
· You enjoy caring for children, are compassionate, kind, and organized.
· You are nurturing, creative, and happy.
· You are patient and enjoy helping children achieve their learning goals.
If you are a student majoring in Education, Psychology, Sociology, and possess the qualities we look for, we would love to hear from you!
You will receive paid training and most of our BTs become Registered Behavior Technicians within 30 days of employment.
At BlueSprig, we are on a mission to change the world for children with autism! If this sounds like a mission you would like to be a part of, we want to talk with you!
The Registered Behavior Technician (“RBT”) is responsible for implementing treatment programs based on Applied Behavior Analysis (“ABA”) under the direction of a Clinical Supervisor. The RBT is expected to review the treatment plan periodically and implement ABA strategies. These strategies are designed to increase the likelihood of adaptive and socially significant behaviors as well as decrease the likelihood of maladaptive behaviors that interfere with the client’s ability to learn and function at their highest level of independence. The RBT reports to their assigned Clinical Supervisor.
· Implement ABA treatment programs as written by the Clinical Supervisor.
· Collect all required data throughout the client’s session utilizing data collection software.
· Work with children in the clinic and/or in their homes.
· Prepare program materials.
· Review and implement consultation/supervision note recommendations.
· Communicate appropriately and effectively with colleagues and families as needed.
· Maintain their RBT certification by tracking supervision hours and renewing their certification on an annual basis.
· Attend meetings and trainings as required.
· Follow all policies and procedures, including but not limited to, confidentially and mandated reporting standards as set by the BlueSprig Clinician Team
The above list of responsibilities is not meant to be exhaustive and it is expected that the employee will perform any and all other duties within the employee’s expertise that are assigned by the supervisor.
· Completion of high school or equivalent. Some college preferred.
· Registered Behavior Technician credential required (as demonstrated by inclusion on the RBT registry on the BACB website) not required upon hire, will train.
· Prior ABA or experience with special needs children highly preferred.
· Sensitive to working with an ethnically, linguistically, culturally, and economically diverse population of children.
· Demonstrate creativity and a “think outside the box” attitude to provide support and achieve positive outcomes for all clients and staff.
· Work with integrity. Understanding and adherence to HIPAA policies.
· Commitment to the highest level of professionalism, reliability, and communication.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Reliable means of transportation.
· Valid CPR certification and other medical and training requirements as specified by BlueSprig payors.
· Ability to pass background clearance and reference checks.
· Ability and willingness to work through challenging behavior.
· Ability to bend, kneel, crouch, and spend time on your feet as well as an ability to lift items up to 25 lbs.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Salary: $13.00 to $17.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)