POSITION: Personal Assistant to Dr. Mette Boell
LOCATION: Flexible Globally (U.S. East coast Preferred)
TYPE: Part-time contract position (15-20 hours a week) with opportunity to transition to fulltime in 6 months
SALARY BASE: $26-$40 per hour (commensurate with experience) if hired as a contractor; $25.000 – $35.000 per year for part-time position if employed at the Center
COMMITMENT: Ideal candidate will want to stay in this position for a minimum of 2-5 years
REPORTS TO: Dr. Mette Boell & Julie Diaz
Co-Founded by Dr. Mette Boell and Dr. Peter Senge, Center for Systems Awareness grew out of the former Society for Organizational Learning (SoL), an independent non-profit organization founded in 1997, which itself grew out of the MIT Center for Organizational Learning originally founded in 1990. The Center for Systems Awareness builds on this decades long work in the field of systems thinking and organizational learning. The Center’s work honors the mind-heart-body system of the learner, the social reality of relationships, family and community that is the context for all learning, and responds to the need to engage learners of all ages in fostering systemic well-being at all levels, from the individual to the larger systems of institutions, society, economy and ecology.
In just a few short years, the Center’s work has had a global reach. From California & British Columbia to Jordan and Indonesia, the Center is impacting education systems around the world. You can read about our incredible work here.
As the personal assistant to Dr. Boell, you will be at the heart of communication for the Center for Systems Awareness. You will be asked to support communication and scheduling with key stakeholders around the world. In particular your responsibilities will include -
· Manage the flow of email correspondence and provide daily updates to Dr. Boell.
· Prepare and send Dr. Boell’s invoices, contracts and other documentation as necessary.
· Schedule in person and online meetings for Dr. Boell.
· Schedule, attend and help craft the agenda for monthly Center for Systems Awareness calls.
· Lead administrative and coordination-related initiatives at the Center for Systems Awareness as needed.
· Schedule and plan for regular check-ins with Dr. Boell.
· Complete any personal requests by Dr. Boell
· Manage other Center for Systems Awareness related processes as necessary.
This job might be for you if you have -
· Excellent Communication Skills: You are comfortable and enjoy the work of engaging with teams around the world via email. You have good email etiquette, prompt in your responses and are fluent in spoken & written English.
· Great Organization Skills: You have demonstrated experience (and strong interest) in doing administrative work. You are great at scheduling, staying on top calendars, emails and following up and you like to be the stable, reliable support for others to depend on
· Independence/Comfort with uncertainty: You will be given tasks and deadlines and we expect you to meet (and even exceed these targets). We want someone who is comfortable with uncertainty and willing to proactively take initiative and embrace new tasks
· Problem Solving Skills: We need someone who is great at tackling problems head on and finds creative ways to get things done.
· Believe in our Mission: We believe we are making a real impact by deeply engaging education systems around the world.
· Google Suite Skills: We need someone who is great at navigating Google tools (calendar, office, drive, gmail etc.)
· Your own laptop (negotiable), headphones (negotiable) and regular internet access
· Experience working with Social Media strategies (preferred)
· Bachelors or Masters degree (preferred but not required!)
HOW TO APPLY
See here -- https://www.systemsawareness.org/center-for-systems-awareness-is-hiring/
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $26.00 to $40.00 /hour
- personal assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply