Mission: This position involves meeting the U.S. and foreign tax planning, compliance and reporting requirements of MGA’s global operations. The role is integral in identifying and implementing best practices; optimizing the corporation’s tax structure; interacting with the senior leadership team to proactively identify opportunities to minimize the corporation's effective tax rate; and satisfactorily resolve tax examinations.
B.S. degree in accounting or finance required; Masters in Taxation or LLM preferred; and CPA license is a plus.
- 5-10 years of U.S. Federal corporate/high net worth individual tax experience with a public accounting firm or equivalent experience, preferably in the consumer product industry.
- Must be an approachable and influential individual who gains trust and confidence quickly through consensus building and can operate effectively in a dynamic and changing organization.
- Strong background in tax compliance and planning with an emphasis on corporate or high net worth individual tax matters.
- Hands-on approach and willing to roll up his/her sleeves.
- Experience in international and state taxation, tax planning, transactional taxes, and tax reduction strategies.
- Ability to utilize outstanding professional relationships and networks within the tax community, and to communicate tax concepts to professional and non-professional audiences.
- Proven track record of integrity, sound judgment, organizational building success, and tax-saving results.
Reports to the VP of Tax
Key Result Areas and Activities
- U.S. tax research, planning and compliance with applicable federal, state, local and foreign tax laws and regulations.
- Prepare and file returns and interface with taxing authorities, including coordination of tax audits, negotiation of tax issues, filing of appeals, and directing litigation.
- Manage and support the efforts of external tax consultants and counsel.
- Evaluate the tax implications of business activities, structures, and commercial transactions, including the identification and evaluation of alternatives and recommendation of solutions to senior management, from both a corporate and individuals standpoint.
- Ensure the proper accounting and external financial reporting of taxes, including the recognition and coordination of the book and tax effects of events.
- Review and monitor changes in domestic and foreign tax legislation, rulings, regulations, and litigation. Understand the relevant impact and recommend and implement responsive action to manage existing positions and capture new opportunities.
- Develop/support the implementation of tax efficient international and domestic structures while achieving administrative efficiency and operational flexibility.
- Help evaluate the tax structure of the company including, but limited to, possible mergers, acquisitions, and liquidation alternatives.
- Assist with foreign statutory reporting compliance consistent with the objectives of tax structuring.
- Ensure that applicable deadlines are met.
Job Type: Full-time