- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Project Management
- Leadership Experience
- Sales Experience
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Bonus Pay
We are an early-stage software solutions startup based in the San Francisco bay area. DataMark develops advanced supply chain software and algorithms that act as the bridge between today’s global supply chain and the future. DataMark is pioneering breakthroughs in distributed applications, decentralized networks and use of artificial intelligence to improve the quality and safety of the worlds food supply.
The company is backed and supported by key investors who are currently operating other companies and strategically position in the food and life science supply chain markets. We are changing the way todays heterogeneous supply chains operate. Our solutions are built on emerging technology making it possible for our customers to integrate and share information for all members in the supply chain. Visibility – Transparency – Traceability – Sustainability – Immutability – Integrity
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and in coordination with the senior executive staff, the VP of Business Development shall implement the strategic business plan for the company. This is a critical role for the company and overtime, the right person will build an efficient organization staffed with business development, sales, marketing and support. We are seeking a passionate and highly motivated individual to lead and drive the development of the company. The ideal individual will be a thought leader and an innovator with a desire to win.
- With the Governance Team, implement the DataMark business strategy to maximize opportunities for future revenue growth.
- Execute market growth strategic planning with the goal of developing corporate clients to use DataMark infrastructure and solutions, and build the DataMark brand and business.
- Target identified customers and consortium partners. Present value proposition and onboard users.
- Manage product launch projects, coordinate all aspects of the marketing plan (pricing offer, promotion, development of user documentation, training of customers and commercial divisions.)
- Be the spokesperson internally and externally in industry events, media communications and write articles.
- Liaise with customers, regulatory bodies and industry associations and make presentations
- Masters Degree (MBA or engineering) from a top-tier business school or equivalent
- BA in engineering (software)
- 3- 5+ years of strategy development experience at an executive level
- 5+ years of sales and marketing experience of complex software solutions
- Relevant experience in complex software solution sales and marketing required
- Strong project management skills
- Able to move quickly in an ever-changing environment often without supervision
- Must demonstrate strategic thinking as well as a willingness to lead initiatives through implementation
- Excellent communication skills including ability to persuasively and efficiently deliver presentations to senior executives
- Ability to build strong relationships across cross-functional teams
- Willingness to travel 20-30% of the time
Additional Success Factors
- Demonstrated expertise, flexibility, and creativity in anticipating future trends and directional shifts and to construct meaningful competitive strategies to address future business scenarios and day-to-day challenges
- Demonstrated business acumen; ability to understand and apply key financial and operational drivers affecting business
- Demonstrated ability to create, refine, and manage new business processes
- Ability to maximize resources to accomplish key metrics
- Demonstrated creativity and imagination; ability to think outside-the-box
- Innovative, analytical thinker with demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis, prepare and implement action plans, and lead improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial openness and ability to explore new possibilities; a visionary; intellectually agile
- Exceptional relationship management skills and ability to influence others from C-suite to line
- Professional presence and excellent presentation and persuasion skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills; able to identify meaningful goals and capture the imagination of others to achieve them; able to add value to discussions or projects that impact DataMark’s position in the industry; able to bring out the best thinking and attitudes and to recognize unique contributions of individuals and teamwork
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and adjust priorities appropriately in an evolving work environment with shifting time frames
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at both detail and big-picture levels and to drive initiatives forward
- Competitive salary and benefits (health / dental / vision)
- Generous early-stage bonus plan
- Work with state of the art software technology
- Be at ground zero of the distributed application/data evolution
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- Sales and Marketing experience of Complex Software Solutions: 5 years (Required)
- Strategy Development Experience at an Executive Level: 5 years (Required)