COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER – HOME OFFICE – AUSTIN, TX
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
We have an exciting career opportunity to participate in driving our brand’s retail growth. Construction Project Manager is a member of the New Store Development team and reports directly to the VP of Development. This position will require a comprehensive understanding of an entire new store development process from site survey to the execution and delivery of a new store. This position will support the company with delivering a high quality in-store customer experience through the effective execution of the company’s New Store Design Package (non-merchandising) and Project Tracking Process (from site selection to opening).
- Work closely with the company’s Real Estate Development team from site selection, to lease execution, to store opening.
- Facilitate with the effective management of the Real Estate Project Tracking system.
- Assist in the management of the Lease process, including, but not limited to: LOD Review, LOI Review, Delivery requirements and miscellaneous LL Documents such as Construction Requirements/Guidelines, TDP and Sign Criteria.
- Manage Real Estate critical dates and information with the company’s Design and Architecture team.
- Manage key relationships with LL Contacts, in particular LL Project/Property Managers and Tenant Coordinators.
- Manage the overall construction process from LL Delivery, to Construction Start, to Delivery and Store Set Up. This would include weekly or more if needed calls with GC as well as needed visits to ensure on time turnover and opening. Manage daily that the GC has everything they need to move forward. This includes but not limited to questions of any kind, from a design point of view as well as the timing and installation of Kendra Scott supplied items to the job site.
- Manage the achievement of LL required design approvals.
- Manage the achievement of local jurisdiction/city permitting and ADA requirements.
- Act as a cross-functional project lead, working closely with Real Estate, IT, Merchandising, Marketing, Design, Accounting, Store Operations and Supply Chain regarding new stores.
- Manage and facilitate the development and execution of company brand standards in the new store development process. Brand standards include, but are not limited to: Execution of standards for Logo and Branding treatments, FF&E, Merchandising (non-product) and other key store build out visual presentations.
- Manage and facilitate the company’s key vendors involved in new store construction. These include, but are not limited to: Real Estate, Design, Architecture, Engineering (MEP and Structural), General Contracting, Procurement, Millwork, Signage and Miscellaneous Visual Presentation.
- Manage and develop new store forecasts, budgets and final roll-up on individual new store costs (not including inventory and HR).
- Manage the development and final approvals of Key Vendor Packages (Millwork Shop Drawings, Exterior Storefront Designs and Sign Packages and Miscellaneous Vendor provided Art Books and Renderings).
- Develop and manage the overall Construction Project Schedule for each new store project.
- Assist in sourcing and development of vendors as required for supporting all Development requirements present and future.
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Assist the Facilities Lead with the New Store Warranty process post-construction.
- Work closely with the company’s Facilities Lead to manage the resolution of facilities related issues on an ongoing basis.
- Research and develop opportunities to improve quality and reduce costs where Facilities Maintenance is concerned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 3-5 years of construction project management for a retail or related organization.
- Ability to effectively read and interpret architectural and related documents.
- Track record of managing the store build-out process from conceptualization through opening.
- A proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to develop continued organizational improvements within key areas to achieve cost savings, increased efficiencies and effective time management.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with key, internal, cross-functional partners.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with key vendors.
- Ability to develop, motivate and manage human resources (internal and external).
- Technology skills including the use of PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Highly organized individual with excellent follow up skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Passion for the brand and its core values: Family, Fashion, Philanthropy
- This position is located in the Austin, TX corporate office.
- Department hours are as set by the department manager.
- The position requires frequent travel.
- The position may require evening, weekend and overtime hours during peak periods and as the new store calendar dictates.