Origin Mining Company (“OMC”) is a distinguished copper mining company that owns the open-pit Mineral Park copper and molybdenum mine in Kingman, Arizona. Our mission is to extract copper and molybdenum resources in a sustainable manner while making a positive impact on the local economy by creating high-quality employment. OMC is dedicated to operating with integrity and transparency. We are currently operating hydromet operation and are scheduled to restart the concentrator operations at the Mineral Park Mine and meet the growing global demand for copper.
To ensure the consistent operation of the Mineral Park Concentrator and its facilities including the Crushing Plants, Filtering Plant, Tailings, and ancillary equipment at the lowest possible cost in a safe and efficient manner.
- Coordinates milling production and maintenance priorities under the direction of the COO.
- Works to enhance the existing safety culture and environmental guidelines to ensure employee safety and health.
- Assists the Mill Manager with the management of the departmental budget and controlling costs.
- Monitors plant performance, identifies/troubleshoots deficiencies or failures and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Supervises and directs the Concentrator and Crusher staff in their daily activities.
- Coordinates Operations with the Maintenance Department on all equipment including manpower, supplies, and scheduling to ensure low operating cost and downtime.
- Communicates closely with the Mining Department to ensure cost effective operation of the Concentrator.
- Maintains records to ensure effective scheduling of operations.
- Liaison with Lab on purchasing and inventory of reagents and supplies and identification of problem areas.
- Assists in accurate preparation of budgets and forecasting resulting in proper cost control and business planning.
- Maintains a competent and effective supervisory and hourly workforce through effective personnel management.
- Promotes better performance of subordinates through ongoing training and communication of ideas, techniques, and policies.
- Communicates closely with Mill Planning/Maintenance Department and Electrical Department on those maintenance activities affecting production.
- Interacts with workforce and Human Resources, Safety Department, Supply Chain, Accounting, etc., to ensure compliance with established company policies.
- Interacts with Engineering Department and Mine Operations to ensure tailings impoundment availability and integrity are maintained.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills in developing consensus building.
- Applicant must have good communications skills (oral and written).
- Must be able to manage time effectively and set priorities.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must be proficient with MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Knowledge of an ERP software is a plus.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree in Metallurgy/Mineral Processing preferred.
- 8-10 years (minimum) of prior supervisory experience preferred.
- 8-10 years (minimum) of prior concentrator operations experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $170,000.00 - $185,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Golden Valley, AZ 86413: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Metallurgy: 5 years (Preferred)
- Copper mining: 1 year (Preferred)
- concentrator operations: 3 years (Preferred)
- management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person