- Evaluate patients within twenty-four (24) hours, or 1 business day of physician referral. If unable to complete evaluation in 24 hours, documentation in medical record clearly defines cause for delay.
- Develop effective treatment plan and obtain approval for services from referring physician.
- Treat patients per the physician treatment plan.
- Assist nursing department with training of Restorative Aides.
- Supervise Physical Therapy Assistants in direct patient care and patient related activities, following state practice act.
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problem and plans.
- Participate in Patient Care Conferences, Utilization Review meetings and Rehabilitation Conferences as needed.
- Participate in in-services training program for other staff in the facility.
- Record evaluations, daily treatment notes, weekly progress notes, recertification documentation, per PT Board State Practice Act and governmental and third party payer requirements.
- Record treatment changes per policy and procedures.
- Instruct patient’s families or nursing staff in maintenance program and caregiver training in preparation for discharge from therapy services.
- Participate in discharge planning.
- Recommend and facilitate the ordering of necessary durable medical equipment for patients to facilitate independence in mobility; i.e., braces, walkers, canes, elevated toilet seats and grab bars.
- Report any problems with department equipment so that it is maintained in good working order.
- Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with patients/residents, families, staff and professional colleagues.
Supervises PT assistants, aides and students.
Qualification Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy, prefer graduates of Masters or Doctorate Program in Physical Therapy. Proficient in computer skills such as inputting data into programs such as Casamba and Point Click Care.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $47-50 an hour
Must Have recent COVID-19 test dated two weeks or less prior to hire date.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $48.00 per hour
- Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
- Physical Therapy License (Required)
Work Location: In person