Position Title: Lumber Handler (General Labor) With Growth Opportunities
- $500 Hiring Bonus - Non Traditional Manufacturing Environment- Tremendous Opportunities for Growth!! Details below.
- After 30 days employment- employees will receive $100
- After 90 days employment- employees will receive $400
- $300 Referral Bonus
- Location: Clinton, MI Lenawee County
- Departments: Mill Operations, Dry Process Production
Position Description: This is a general laborer, entry level position. The team members purpose is to stack and sort lumber according to grade marks.-TRAINING PROVIDED
HMI is a non-traditional manufacturing environment with open space, eventual ability to rotate positions through out the day. Opportunities include growth within the company! Join a company culture focused on Teaching and Growing each other.
Candidates with Loader or Hi-Low Experience a Plus but not required. Position could include working production as well as providing back up to Material Movement.
Full time openings available.
Part time openings available.
· Ability to read tape measures
· Ability to read grade marks-Training Supplied
· Attention to detail
· Ability to lift 50lbs
· Ability to be a team player
· Have good hand eye coordination
· Must Comply with MI OSHA and operational procedures- Training Supplied
· Must be dependable, and have reliable transportation
· Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
Although this is an Entry level position, there are * Opportunities for Advancement and Growth!
Starting Wage $15 per hour
First Shift Hours-
Second Shift hours-
Flexibility earlier or later due to production needs is a plus.
Compensation subject to skills and experience.
Full Benefit Package offered after 90 days
HMI Hardwoods is a North American hardwood lumber manufacturer, with over 50 years of experience. HMI sells kiln dried hardwood lumber and logs domestically and internationally. HMI is a fully integrated hardwood lumber manufacturing operation. We purchase and harvest timber and saw lumber at our own mill. We dry, plane, rip and package our lumber within one facility. Although we produce green lumber, we also purchase approximately 1,500,000 feet of green lumber monthly from other Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania and Ontario mills.
Safety is of utmost importance and all employees agree to maintain a safe work environment and abide by our safety and other company policies.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Clinton, MI: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you 18 years of age or older?
Work Location: In person