Routeware is a leading provider of fleet automation and analytics software to the waste industry. Established 20 years ago, it is based in the Portland, Oregon metro area, with a successful record of selling fleet automation management software to municipalities and companies of all sizes. In this role, you can make a significant impact within a dynamic, team-centric culture that appreciates innovation, initiative, and creative problem solving. Routeware provides a casual yet professional work environment designed to bring the best out of each member of our team.
The Solutions Engineer position is a key component of the Routeware North American direct sales team. This position is responsible for working with and supporting the North American direct sales team and providing technical and demonstration assistance on sales calls. The Solutions Engineer is also a vital factor in ensuring that what Routeware delivers matches customer expectations.
- Demonstration of Routeware products to prospects and customers
- Development of customer training programs
- Development of executive “best practice” training initiatives
- Sales training and coaching
- Post-sales product implementation/installation planning and execution
- Presales solution designs and proposals
- Personally, develop strong, long-term relationships and referrals with senior management within assigned territory.
- Work in close collaboration with Routeware’s presales, post sales, and Executive Management teams to ensure that proposed offerings and services fully meet customers’ business and technology needs.
- Adhere to all Routeware Sales, Human Resource, and corporate ethical policies, standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrate strong personal communication and presentation skills to establish interest, credibility and trust.
- Development/Participation in various other prospect and customer initiatives as they present themselves
- Demonstrated success in both new business acquisition and customer development selling in an enterprise software and/or IT services/technology environment.
- Demonstration of consistent over-achievement of client acquisition and sales revenue targets.
- At least 5 years of client facing experience. Experience in the waste industry and/or other fleet technology sales is a plus.
- Experience with vendor selection processes including RFI and RFP issuance and response management;
- Ability to maintain strong sales management focus during sales cycles that are typically six months to one year in duration.
- Demonstrated ability to manage often complex negotiations with senior-level business and technology executives.
- Thorough command of English, both written and spoken.
- The candidate is expected to travel regularly to regional prospect and customer locations to support lead generation, sales presentations, contract negotiations, and ongoing relationship building.
- This is a remote office location position; working from your home office. Looking for candidates in the North East United States.
Job Type: Full-time
- client facing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Other types of insurance