M+W Energy Inc. is a leading solar energy system EPC (Engineering Procurement and Construction) Contractor and O&M (Operations and Maintenance) service provider. Customers include Fortune 50 utilities, Tier 1 solar project developers, Fortune 100 commercial customers and Government agencies. Leveraging a 19 year corporate history which encompasses pioneering innovation and over 750 MW of project installations worldwide, M+W Energy provides cost effective, high performance solar PV systems to the Americas marketplace. Since 2010, M+W Energy has employed a proven business model which resulted in nearly 450 MW of PV projects built across the United States. M+W Energy Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of M+W Americas Group, a full service architectural, engineering, and construction management firm that offers a broad range of global services to public and private clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Project Controller, the Project Accountant will be responsible for tracking and reporting related to assigned projects. This will be a highly visible position with a requirement to work with all areas of the business. Each Project Accountant will be assigned multiple projects in various phases of construction at any given time.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret accounting related details of EPC Contracts and translate them into forecasts and financial event schedules.
- Track EPC contract event schedules throughout the project and communicate risks and chances.
- Enter budgets and SOV.
- Forecast project cash flows, cost and revenue through lifecycle of projects.
- Work closely with Project Managers to accurately forecast Cost at Completion.
- Generate invoicing to customers.
- Coordinate with Project Managers, Engineering and Procurement to ensure necessary vendor commitments are made.
- Code requisitions and AP invoices to match budget & forecast.
- Review and validate project related expenses.
- Work with Contracts Manager and Project Managers on Prime Contract Change Orders to ensure timely processing and mitigate margin degradation.
- Analyze monthly PoC for assigned projects.
- Prepare reporting for management review as necessary.
- Oversee accounting of project closeouts.
- Perform Budget vs. Actual analysis of assigned projects following completion.
- Capable of presenting and discussing all aspects of a project’s status with Engineers, Project Managers and Executive Managers one-on-one or in a group environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related degree.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a construction project environment.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, most importantly PoC Accounting methods.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Problem solving with ability to recognize issues and deal with them directly.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and written.
- Ability to work well with individuals in all parts of the organization.
- General knowledge/experience with Oracle Projects 12.1.3
- Intermediate to high skill level in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Flexible with changing priorities and willing to work as needed to meet deadlines.
- Organized/self-starter capable of working independently and manage multiple deadlines.
- Must have strong software knowledge and skills.
Attractive salaries, supportive environments, and excellent benefits allow for growth and career development with M+W Group. Relocation assistance is available. If you want to join a dynamic environment that supports its employees to move up instead of move on, please forward your resume for consideration.
NO OUTSIDE RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES
M+W Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The M+W Group provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.