Leidos is looking for an Agile Coach for a position in the
Northern Virginia area. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
clearance in order to be considered. The candidate will coach multiple teams
and associated stakeholders in Agile principles and best practices within the
context of software application development work streams. Applicant will
provide guidance and training around the creation and ongoing maintenance of
backlogs, artifacts, tracking and reporting metrics as well as facilitating
team events as required. This is a strategic position, working across all
levels of management and personnel. This position requires working
effectively across teams of contractors, subcontractors and government staff.
- Assesses the Agile Maturity of the teams and coaches to higher levels of
maturity, at a pace that is sustainable.
- Conducts ongoing evaluations to ensure the effectiveness of Agile programs
and recommends complex and/or highly comprehensive training modifications as
- Establishes new Agile teams and provides interactive initial and ongoing
- Facilitates classroom/workshop training for professional levels through
management of Agile frameworks, competencies, and frameworks.
- Proactively collaborates and communicates with internal/external stakeholders
to address Agile knowledge gaps to support Agile effectiveness.
- Works with teams to become effective and efficient in their use of Agile practices
- Coaches teams & leaders on the mindset change required to transform their
existing development practices to follow agile methodologies.
- Helps teams to adopt and improve agile methods and practices.
- Applies lean thinking to team specific issues to bring a holistic approach to
maturing a team.
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate effectively with the teams and
individuals that they are coaching/training to build trust.
- On-boards new teams adopting agile practices such as Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.
- Provides role based support and assistance as required.
- Cultivates the capabilities of each team member in their specific roles and
enable them to deliver customer value rapidly.
- Drives the required cultural transformation in adopting the new way of
working i.e agile development methodologies.
- Participates and contributes actively to continuously evolve processes to
align to enterprise agile transformation strategy.
- Former experience as Scrum Master or Product Owner
External Referral Eligible
- Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.- Familiar with Scrum, Kanban, and SAFe.- Applicant must have extensive experience with and can seamlessly work at all levels of an organization (from team level resources to senior executive stakeholders) to enable employment of agile methodologies as a strategic asset for business value generation which includes impactful culture change. Strives to instill a cultural change biased towards continuous improvement- Experience identifying opportunities for customized coaching then developing and delivering successful Agile coaching. - Current experience with common Agile tools, such as Jira, Confluence, etc.- Current Scrum Master certification(s) and experience developing and executing Agile projects.Desirable Skills:- Experience with system requirements, development, test, release management, and project scheduling- Experience with software development, integration, and maintenance- Familiarity with coach eXtreme Programming (XP) practices, including pair programming and code reviews- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)- Prior experience working in a Working Capital Fund environment- CSP, PMI-ACP, SPC, or other advanced Agile credential