Digital Care, Manager (Epic/Cerner)
The team – Health Care
Focuses on assisting those organizations that are responsible for the delivery, funding and payment management of health care and medical related services. Clients include hospitals, academic medical centers, health systems, home health agencies, long term care, outpatient facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, practitioners and physician groups as well as health plans, other health insurance companies, and pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs).
About our Digital Care Practice
Deloitte works with healthcare operational leaders and clinicians to lead them in their efforts to tailor a successful approach for improving patient care delivery and reducing administrative costs – while complying with electronic health record (EHR) mandates. This is where experience matters. Our consulting teams include former industry operational leaders, physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and technologists that have helped leading healthcare systems, academic medical centers and community healthcare systems and independent facilities realize significant cost savings while transforming how they serve patients. Working side-by-side with our client clinicians and operational leaders, we design solutions that meet our clients’ financial, operational and performance improvement goals.
Work you’ll do
Managers are professionals with strong records of academic and professional achievement who have the capacity and desire for continuous development and growth. Deloitte Consulting professionals must also be capable of working and communicating with people at all levels of an organization. Responsibilities typical of a manager on one of these projects could include:
- Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope
- Oversee work plans for multiple components of an engagement
- Manage activities between work streams
- Provide guidance to junior practitioners as they manage large, confidential and complex data sets
- Conduct client interviews and facilitate client meetings
- Develop process flows depicting pain points in the business process
- Conduct detailed analyses to draw conclusions, and develop pertinent and insightful recommendations
- Design and manage deliverable content to reflect the engagement contract
- Present findings and recommendations to client leadership
- Mentor and develop junior staff
o Manage and deliver components of client engagement
o Lead teams to assess, design, and implement solutions to achieve client’s strategic objectives and business issues.
o Assume accountability for on-time delivery of contracted activities and deliverables
o Build and source internal teams structure and composition to deliver engagements
o Manage engagement delivery, work plan, activities
o Provide client sponsors with regular updates
o Lead and manage identification and prioritization of issues
o Ownership of budgeting and forecasting of team member time and expenses for projects
o Identify and mitigate risks throughout the project life-cycle
o Conduct client interviews and facilitate client meetings
o Present findings and recommendations to client leadership
o Perform role of counselor and coach
o Actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities
o Provide leadership for delivery teams and staff in local offices
o Leading work – life balance expectation on engagements through flexibility and predictability initiatives
o Provide input and guidance into the staffing process
o Provide real-time feedback to project team members and participate in the performance review process
- Eminence and Firm Activities
o Develop points of view in your industry
o Publish white papers and present opinion at industry conferences
o Lead practice development activities within the firm
o Lead and support recruitment activities
o Organize local office events to build firm culture
Core Business Operations
Our Sector Packages practice encompasses industry vertical, sector specific solutions that leverage distinct technologies to drive operational change and automate the core of the business. Examples of the type of work we deliver to our clients includes Digital CARE (Epic), Insurance CST (Guidewire), and Digital Banking Solutions (nCino).
The team brings experience from across Deloitte to leverage common approaches, best practices, and strategic investments to scale these solutions by industry strategy. Professionals will focus on key client issues that are at the core of the business by integrating our industry expertise with deep technical and operational transformation capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record. MBA and/or Advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of 8+ years of professional experience in Healthcare industry, or a mix of a few years’ industry experience and functioning as a Manager or higher in a consulting environment.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in clinical information systems operations with at least 3-5 lifecycle implementation of an EHR module
- Experience leading or managing teams and change initiatives (especially in a project management role)
- Experience with budgetary responsibilities related to projects or resources
- Professional competence in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Superior critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building, and communication skills
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in ambiguous settings
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Sense of responsibility to self, team, and client
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Record of consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%
- Must live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte’s consulting offices
- Advanced degree in business or health care-related field (e.g., MHA, MBA) from a top tier program
- 8+ years of management consulting experience in a health care related field
- Certification in Epic or Cerner, or training or experience in other Clinical Information Systems
- Experience working on or leading large-scale implementation initiatives, including development of documentation templates, clinical content, testing scripts, training plans, and implementation plans
- Experience in clinical workflow redesign
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose:
to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.