Cherwell Software (@Cherwell) is a global leader in enterprise service management, empowering organizations through the use of intuitive technology for better, faster, and more affordable innovation. Our solutions and our people build lasting relationships. We are a growing company with offices in the US, Europe, and Australia.
We are looking for a Senior Contracts Paralegal to join our team in Denver or Colorado Springs, CO.
Who Will Love This Job
- Someone who is action-oriented: You enjoy working hard! You are full of energy for the things you find challenging. You are not afraid of acting quickly and you are willing to jump on problems quickly.
- You are resourceful: You skillfully work through tough situations with both internal and external groups. You gain trust quickly of others can win concessions without damaging relationships.
- A strategic thinker: You have a natural talent for thinking one step ahead and have a demonstrated ability to think analytically.
- A customer advocate: You are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. You establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect.
- A phenomenal communicator: You effectively communicate in a variety of formal and informal settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, bosses and executives. You command attention and can manage group processes during the presentation.
What You'll Do
This person will be the subject matter expert for contracts and report to a corporate attorney. Requires drafting, analyzing and negotiating a wide range of contracts and agreements. Must have the ability to identify and assess risk and communicate effectively with internal team members, business partners and outside counsel. May provide assistance to attorneys and trial teams with intellectual property case management, including the discovery process; trial preparation; case investigation; tracking and communicating case-related dates and information; database maintenance; and the review and preparation of documents, reports and correspondence.
- Provide legal support to the company's Sales, Support, Channel, and Professional Services business units.
- Draft, review, provide guidance, and edit software contracts related to direct and channel sales organizations in multiple geographies, including customer contracts.
- Drafting, review, and providing guidance regarding a wide variety of commercial software (Saas) agreements
- Serve as legal department "front line" providing general guidance to internal clients on a wide variety of topics.
- Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures, and programs.
- Provide prompt, practical, and decisive support to the company on prospective and existing customer matters.
- Serve as a legal contact resource for Saas licensing, services and acquisition agreements.
- Provide litigation support of major court cases filed against, or on behalf, of the company; receive, address and follow-up as necessary with document requests, subpoenas, garnishments and other external requests.
- Collaborate with and facilitate cross team decision making among the Legal, Sales, Support, Finance, and other internal business teams.
- Willingness to become proactive, involved, and demonstrate an ability to solve practical problems. Address issues with multiple concrete variables in many situations.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor's degree from recognized college or university
- 10+ years of experience as a paralegal with a legal practice or company
- 10+ years' experience with general corporate matters
- 8+ years' experience in contract and intellectual property matters
- 8+ year' specific experience in drafting and management of Saas commercial agreements
- Experienced in working across various jurisdictions and time zones
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Advanced writing and grammatical skills
- MS Office expertise
- Live in or near Colorado Springs/Denver or willing to relocate at own expense
Nice to Have
- International legal experience
- You like working with intelligent and driven colleagues
- You would enjoy working for a fast-growing software company
- We're a fun, close-knit team
- We have a fast-paced, exciting work environment
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and other benefits
- PTO plan to provide work-life balance
- 401(k) with employer matching program
- Commuter perks for some locations
- Paid community service day and philanthropy projects
- Our work environments vary by location; however, we believe in offering amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, standing/sitting desks, free onsite gym, basketball and volleyball courts, ping pong, videogames, shuffleboard, and darts.
- Fun group competitions, team outings, and new hire lunches with the CEO
Cherwell Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We do not tolerate discrimination against any applicant on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability or age. Cherwell encourages diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please send an email with your request to Recruiting@Cherwell.com.