TITLE: SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: CONSTRUCTION SERVICES
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple projects and associated staff for such projects. He/she has a broad spectrum of responsibilities which cover all the areas of project management for a General Contractor. Such responsibilities include, but are not limited to, Estimating, Project Planning, Bidding, Scope Reviews, Sub Contractor Procurement, Cost Management, Schedule Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, Client Relations, Safety Management and Project Close-Out.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and manage multiple construction projects (and the full staff) from start to finish.
- Perform the main role in project estimating, planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Perform project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking project expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
- Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule.
- Devise the project work plans and make revisions as needed.
- Communicate effectively with the subcontractors’ responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the owner/client, architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and field laborer.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the stakeholders.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Perform regular inspection of construction sites.
- Ensure all project documents are timely, accurate and complete.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Prepare, submit and track all change order requests.
- Serve as the key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client.
- Coordinate with Superintendent on all field related issues and inform Project Superintendent of potential schedule impact.
- Oversee all required construction meetings with required personnel, subcontractors, architects and owners.
- Prepare all scope requirements & subcontracts for construction projects.
- Solicit subcontractors and suppliers for proposal prior to proposal submission time.
- Review/negotiate contracts with Owner and/or Client.
- During Construction Phase, proactively manage project to achieve quality, schedule, budget and safety. Utilize and maintain tools, schedule and document management to track and record project performance. Oversee entire project team.
- Maintain customer (Owner, Architect, Engineer, Subcontractor, Supplier, Public Official and Accel Employees) relations and conduct project meetings. Ensure prompt payment from Owner and payment to Subcontractor and Suppliers occurs according to percentage complete timely upon receipt from Owner.
- Oversee quality and progress of each Subcontractor and Suppliers. Update Subcontractors and Suppliers of any changes to the plans, specifications and/or schedule.
- Oversee productivity, costs, quality control, document management and processing of applications for payment. Notify management of any issues that arise which affects quality, budget, progress and safety.
- Monitor staffing needs, evaluate performance, and address employee relation issues as warranted for staff.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree, preferably in civil engineering, architecture or construction management. Minimum 7 years of experience in construction projects. Previous Federal Government Project experience is a plus.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR KNOWLEDGE:
Strong computer skills, especially using spreadsheet software, are required.
Proficiency in Procore a plus. Must understand construction financial and accounting concepts and be able to create, maintain and update the project budget.
Excellent communication skills, good understanding of MEP building systems and thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 10 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts