- Microsoft SQL Server
- Project Management
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. As a member of the First American family of companies, First American Home Warranty offers a wide range of home warranty products and services to home sellers, buyers and agents. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.homewarranty.firstam.com.
- Experience and solid understanding of various software engineering practices.
- Experience translating software requirements and experience with software design solutions.
- Build test automation suites to ensure the quality of guest impacting products
- Designs, codes, unit test, debug, and document those programs.
- Customizes software based on research and customer needs.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written, designed, coded, tested and debugged.
- May consult with users and develop business relationships and integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifyingissues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
- Designing and developing systems from end to end, including everything from supporting in gathering business requirements to developing and deploying the systems
- Participate in requirements analysis and added technical details
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
- Test and deploy applications and systems, especially to cloud hosting environments
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Improve existing software
- Learn new skills and languages to stay up-to-date as new technologies come out
- Leads technical aspects of projects with minimal support from other team members
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- Serves as a liaison to make technical details easy to understand for non- or semi-technical people
- Work with a CMS to blend functional code and content managed within the CMS
- Managing code branches and merging, and supporting the management of TFS
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Problem-solve and think laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project.
Supervision Received or Extended
- Competent to work on most phases of applications programming activities.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Follows department processes and procedures and makes recommendations to these processes.
- Works under general supervision of more experienced team members and/or manager.
- Actively contributes to the results of a team and works towards achieving team goals and objectives.
- Uses expertise of more senior level team members and leverages additional resources to confirm solution or explore customized applications as a solution.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Fluent in multiple application development languages at an expert level
- Experience with various computer platforms and application environments
- Expertise with developing multiple tiers of multi-tiered software applications
- Expertise in designing programs and applications
- Experience designing application systems
- Constantly updating personal technical and business knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the knowledge and skills of the team
- Strong organizational or Project Management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience as a .NET Developer or Application Developer preferred
- Familiarity with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller(MVC)) preferred
- Knowledge of the C# language with the .NET framework and HTML5/CSS3 preferred
- Experience with frontend frameworks such as NPM, Grunt, Gulp, SASS, React, Angular, React, etc preferred
- CMS experience is a big plus, especially Crownpeak experience preferred
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC) preferred
- Understanding of Agile methodologies preferred
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills in complex, multi-tiered applications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically 2-5 years of directly related experience
- Experience working with distributed team is preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- .Net Developer: 1 year (Preferred)
- SDLC: 1 year (Preferred)
- TFS: 1 year (Preferred)